Device Compatibility for Solo

So this is a joke right? I can't use my LG phone to fly solo? I don't mean to sound like a jerk on my first post here but it totally makes sense to me now why this company is basically folding up. This is absolutely unacceptable. Not going to go into why, but I mean really. It's a mainstream phone. Get real. Literally have NEVER EVER seen this issue with any other device before. Never even knew it was a possible issue. Just, wow.
I've flown Solo with LG products. No problem.
Nice first post and attitude though. Have a nice day...;)

Reactions: SARDG
I bought an AT&T Trek 2 HD a few weeks ago when they were on sale for 149.00 You can also get them for 0 (yes nothing is zero) if you put it on a 2 year 10.00 PM contract including 5gb of data. If you have AT&T I believe it is 7.00 a month as an addon device and still free (nothing is Free). I bought it outright just because I hate Carriers and Contracts.

I got it mostly because it has 2 gigs of ram & LTE. It has worked great so far. It has an octa core processor, 2 gigs of ram, 16GB of storage expandable to 128 via SD. Screen is very good, we haven't had a great deal of sunlight so I am not sure about glare.

I decided the 50 bucks for LTE over comparable tables was worth it. 2 gigs of ram leaves plenty of headroom for the apps to work without the OS slowing things down.

So far it has been a great device. It is built by ZTE and the model number is K88.

If LTE matters and I am not sure it does it is a good device to have.

I use I pad mini 2 and it works great but no voice commands from controller other than that it's good and bright.

I recently got an Insignia 8" tablet (Insignia = Best Buy house brand). It is a cheapie WiFi only tablet (can't connect to mobile service). It has a great screen and had no problem running the app and showed no meaningful lag between real life and the video on the screen. It certainly is not listed on 3DR's list of compatible tablets, but it does work. It runs the latest version of Android (marshmellow?). Anyway, it has a great screen works just great.

I'm considering upgrading to the Insignia 10" tablet and giving the 8" one to my wife. They keep having them on sale....

Right now through Saturday, the 8" tablet is on sale at $59.99 and the 10" is on sale at $79.99. Quite a bargain for such a nice large screen.

I use I pad mini 2 and it works great but no voice commands from controller other than that it's good and bright.
Interesting, I use an ipad mini 2 and get voice commands, such as "FLY", "RETURN HOME" ,"LAND", ETC

I just got another Insignia tablet, 10.1" this time. It works just fine with the Solo app. I've had some GPS challenges with my 8" but I haven't tried the 10 with any of the Smart features. Honestly, the more I try to use GPS based smart features the more I think it has to do with my locaiton. Where I have trouble there is a large industrial gasses plant a few hundred yards away and it it always takes the Solo longer to get a lock. In the other location I fly I get a lock quickly and the Smart features work most of the time. Looking forward to trying Solex, hope it works well with my cheap Insignia tablets. These tablets have limitations, but they have pretty darn nice screens for the price.

I just bought a Samsung tab A tablet that is on the 3dr list but I just noticed that it doesn't have a compass sensor. Can I still use it to fly my solo drone?

Thanks

Perfectly on Asus TF101 and Note 1. The app 3DR Solo_v2.4.0 apk on the Asus TF101 with an android 6.0 ROM installed from XDA. Same app also running on the Galaxy Note 1 with Android 5.1 from XDA. Even if your device has 4.2 or earlier you can often get a newer ROM at XDA.

I have the Amazon Fire tab7
The wifi connection between the Solo and the tab last a little over 3 seconds and it'll disconnect and connect again... Haven't recorded a Single shot since I bought the Solo is there anything to I can do to get a steady connection? Is the Tablet not compactible with the solo?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo