Dead Gimbal: Dead Bird!Copter does not start when plugged into the gimbal.

Reaction score
It must be the wire harness from the bird to the gimbal. I've been pretty uncomfortable with the thought of tairing the Solo down!

Or it could be something in the gimbal circuitry providing a short through the cable down on to the solo mother board. But it definitely seems to be one of those two.

I would examine the HDMI cable connector and the port on the gimbal where it plugs in, to be sure there is no debris. Replacement cables are available...stock or the modified "flat ribbon cable" version.

Or it could be something in the gimbal circuitry providing a short through the cable down on to the solo mother board. But it definitely seems to be one of those two.

I would examine the HDMI cable connector and the port on the gimbal where it plugs in, to be sure there is no debris. Replacement cables are available...stock or the modified "flat ribbon cable" version.
as a matter of fact the hdmi connection has come off the board, without the hdmi plugged in the bird started.

try to be a little more clear when you're describing this. Are you saying that the hdmi connector on the gimbal board has become detached...no longer attached on the gimbal board?

try to be a little more clear when you're describing this. Are you saying that the hdmi connector on the gimbal board has become detached...no longer attached on the gimbal board?
yes. That is exactly what i was saying.

ok...so you've found the problem. So unless you're skilled enough to re-attach (solder) that connector to the gimbal board, you're gonna need to get a new gimbal board. I'm not sure if they are available. It may require getting a new gimbal. On second thought, I seem to remember seeing on here that there are people who repair gimbals. Maybe do a search for "gimbal repair".

ok...so you've found the problem. So unless you're skilled enough to re-attach (solder) that connector to the gimbal board, you're gonna need to get a new gimbal board. I'm not sure if they are available. It may require getting a new gimbal. On second thought, I seem to remember seeing on here that there are people who repair gimbals. Maybe do a search for "gimbal repair".
damn it that bums me out! Thanks again Alan 993

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig