DBS OR TONY FPVLR?

This is the new V.2 antenna for SOLO

The new antennas look good. I've heard a lot of good feedback for the FPVLR's. I haven't had chance to try either version but would like to. It looks like the back is flat and would also work with the quick release GoPro mounts as another option for mounting.
Would there be a noticeable difference in directional performance if Amps were added? Or do they just increase the range of the cone?

Last edited:
Nice setup. What GoPro mount did you use?

You could probably use any number of GoPro mount combinations but these are some that I had already just lying around the house. I don't know if they sell a double male extension so I just modified mine and cut off the third knuckle with a Fein Tool (took about 30 seconds). You could also buy a longer M5 bolt if you don't want to cut it.

gopro-mounts-for-antenna.jpg

On my long range tests with the ITELITE antenna, the ONE attenuator I noticed (a lot was going on, I'll admit) are these long-needle, loblolly or longleaf pine trees here in the Houston area that average about 110' when mature. Add a bit of moisture and those needles scatter S-Band signals nicely. So, I'd reckon NOT to trust getting behind more than about 200 yards of those kinds of trees or complete signal loss will occur. I saw the red icon blip a couple times on the signal strength (in the Solo app) but as the Solo was moving into a clearing that I had LOS to, it jumped right back to "3 bars". I've seen long needle ironwood trees attenuate signals from satellite tracking antennas putting out MW of power in a pencil beam, so it comes as no surprise that long pine needles attenuate WiFi....easily.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44