Crazy prices!

From all accounts, inventory is finally running out.
The folks holding on to the last of it, will squeeze the prices they can get.
So if you have not stocked up by now you are going to struggle.
Having said that, with the current progress soon it will not matter. so long as you can get an IMX6 and Solo controller you can build your own bigger version of solo
the technology behind solo will live long after the last little black bird has flown

I don't think I'd consider that a crazy price, I mean, if they were selling the solo for "3 cows, 2 chickens and 7 pies filled with custard and socks", now THAT would be crazy pricing.

Reactions: Travelfox
Either they're clueless or they just don't care about researching trending prices for items.

I also believe the inventory is mostly out if you are not in by now it is too late. I am super glad I got on this deal last winter and have a couple birds and half dozen bats. I am happy with my drone hanger 100% for I want them to do/film. I put in some aggressive pilot hours this summer and upgraded to hero 4 as well. I am good for quite some time and do not need anything more. I also very much enjoy NOT having to deal with firm upgrades each and every time I turn it on to go fly. My bro has the market leader bird and just watching from the the sidelines I can see that constant "politically correct app driven" upgrade dance would get old really really quick!!!

Having this forum filled with solo pilots that figure things out themselves and share the findings and bounce ideas back and forth is also Soooooooooo much better then a forum filled with complaining questions to support waiting for answers. IDK the open platform just brings to the table a different kind of group of people. I am all in and like most of you guys/gals accept for a couple of you smart a---sss :)

I also believe the inventory is mostly out if you are not in by now it is too late. I am super glad I got on this deal last winter and have a couple birds and half dozen bats. I am happy with my drone hanger 100% for I want them to do/film. I put in some aggressive pilot hours this summer and upgraded to hero 4 as well. I am good for quite some time and do not need anything more. I also very much enjoy NOT having to deal with firm upgrades each and every time I turn it on to go fly. My bro has the market leader bird and just watching from the the sidelines I can see that constant "politically correct app driven" upgrade dance would get old really really quick!!!

Having this forum filled with solo pilots that figure things out themselves and share the findings and bounce ideas back and forth is also Soooooooooo much better then a forum filled with complaining questions to support waiting for answers. IDK the open platform just brings to the table a different kind of group of people. I am all in and like most of you guys/gals accept for a couple of you smart a---sss :)
IT IS NICE TO BELONG TO A GROUP LIKE THIS AND IT IS NICE FOR THE SUPPORT . SORT OF LIKE A CULT OF DRONIES

Has anyone considered building a shell in a 3d printer and mass producing aftermarket shells?

Has anyone considered building a shell in a 3d printer and mass producing aftermarket shells?
Problem is that 3D printing a shell wouldn't result in a very strong shell. Even 3D printed legs are prone to shattering. You'd actually want to use injection molding for a strong shell considering the potential stresses the bird will go through.

Last edited:
Ebay is the only realistic pricing left. I really really wish I would have doubled up on gimble's back when they were cheap. This was a stupid move on my part. Question: without gimble can I still control my GoPro start and stop function with my hero 4 black? I hope the answer is yes? My other bird I fly the hero 3 black and have not tried the hero 4 in it yet.

Ebay is the only realistic pricing left. I really really wish I would have doubled up on gimble's back when they were cheap. This was a stupid move on my part. Question: without gimble can I still control my GoPro start and stop function with my hero 4 black? I hope the answer is yes? My other bird I fly the hero 3 black and have not tried the hero 4 in it yet.
Nope. That functionality requires the gimbal at present. My brain says that with the right connectors and some time, a board could be produced to allow GP control off the gimbal, but it hardly seems worth the time compared to getting other gimbals working. To me, at least

Is this site legitimate or is it a scam? cameradronesplaza.com
Well it's in New Zealand so who knows what they'll charge for international shipping. However you can always pay by credit card or paypal and that way you protect yourself from any dishonest dealings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela