Crashed. Looking for advice, analysis.

Firmware 1.5.3 and up actually can prevent flips from happening when landing, it has better landing detection built in. OpenSolo has the latest firmware update (1.5.4) you may want to look into this..

Unless I missed an OpenSolo update since the 3.0.0 release in January, I'm up to date there. I think the drone thought it was somewhere else due to partial GPS coverage and tried to correct for non-existant drift. At least that's the theory I'm running with until I learn to analyze logs. It's on the todo list...

This is what's confusing, I'm just wondering if maybe it wasn't auto-landing. It just lost altitude due to a bad reading from the internal barometer. The drone thinks it's hovering at 8 ft, then it maybe thinks the altitude went up to 11 ft, so it corrects itself by lowering altitude (when in all reality, it was actually at 8ft all the time) in which case this correct causes itself to start lowering making it look like it's auto-landing.
I think the logs will tell you more, but it's a mystery that does need solving! I can tell you this though, my stock drones, even with an upgraded gps, they won't hold a pinpoint position by any means. They'll drift back and forth, up and down, it's just natural. My first green cube.. I can put that drone on the floor with no props on and watch the altimeter vary by a couple of hundred feet in a matter of minutes. So no matter what, there's always the probability of faulty hardware causing some erratic drone flying.

Reactions: scottm32768
Hello
Not sure if I am in the right spot but I am looking for a 3DR Solo tech in the Dallas area
Need to have it fixed
If any body knows they can email me @
[email protected]
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Jay

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Hello
Not sure if I am in the right spot but I am looking for a 3DR Solo tech in the Dallas area
Need to have it fixed
If any body knows they can email me @
[email protected]
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Jay
Oh I can assure you that you're not in the right area. 3DR went under years back and they have a bare staff now handling some returns (and that will come to an end at some stage). This is a forum for users who like to "tinker". So if you want some help, just describe the issue and we'll do our best to help out. However we're not paid "IT" or "3DR tech support", we're just doing this out of the goodness of our hearts (and we like to fix things).
So let us know whats wrong and we'll try to help you fix it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44