Controller Won't Shut Off After Update

Reaction score
Website
www.barkingdeerphotography.com
This has happened after every update in 2016.

2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.3.0-1, 2.4.1-6

The update downloads to the phone and the update installs with no problem to Solo and the Controller. The screen on the Controller then says Press A to continue. Nothing happens when I do, and the Controller will not power off. In each case I removed the controller battery, waited 10 seconds, then reconnected the battery. Everything then worked fine, and the App reports installation of the update.

But this is getting annoying. Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks for ideas.

Mine did this also, once I double clicked A accidentally and it worked. Since then it has functioned correctly after update. Probably just a fluke.

Reactions: Robert Rose
I doubt it's a 'coding' error. If it was in the code, everyone would experience. Owning mine since the first shipment, I have not seen this happen with either of my 2 Solos. Something I remember being posted a while back though, and what I do is when the controller says press A to continue it's actually a VERY quick tap on the A button. It may or may not work for you, but it has for me. YMMV..

I doubt it's a 'coding' error. If it was in the code, everyone would experience. Owning mine since the first shipment, I have not seen this happen with either of my 2 Solos. Something I remember being posted a while back though, and what I do is when the controller says press A to continue it's actually a VERY quick tap on the A button. It may or may not work for you, but it has for me. YMMV..

Yes the quick tap actually worked! I tried everything but did not disconnect the battery.
I looked at the forum first.
Thanks.

New drone, first flight and thus first software update and got same press A and successful software update message that stayed on the controller screen throughout my first successful flight without data from the controller screen. Drone battery died, flight ended and controller would not shut off. After trying everything except disconnecting the battery and reset to factory, a quick tap on the A button got me out of the loop and the power button shut it down. Thanks so much for the great advice.
This seems to have been a problem for some time. Wonder why this bug has not been corrected. New users with such an expensive product will all be reluctant to disconnect battery or mess with the settings or take it apart to look at circuit boards. Not a word in the users manual. Solo can do better than this. I wasted several hours trying to shut it down without breaking something and researching online before I found this forum. Quick tap on A button worked for me. THANKS!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc