Construction company.

Reaction score
I own a utility construction company and recently bought the solo to take arial photos and vids.
My plan is to take pictures to give to the customer with details of the project on the picture.
What post editing program should I be looking at for this?
I'm also looking into mapping out new projects to include in my bidding process. Is their a mapping application I could use?

I own a utility construction company and recently bought the solo to take arial photos and vids.
My plan is to take pictures to give to the customer with details of the project on the picture.
I'm also looking into mapping out new projects to include in my bidding process. Is their a mapping application I could use?
Hey Ryan,

Here is some good info on that..http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/mobile-mapping-with-solo-gopro-tower-and-the-agribotix-field

In answer to your first question I think about any image editing program will work. I often use TechSmith Snag it. You can have balloons for call outs and add arrows, circles,lines and highlighting. Nothing to scale as its just a photograph of course.

As far as the mapping program your needs are going to dictate what you end up with. My gut instinct is that since you are a construction contractor and not an aerial mapping company you might not really want something elaborate with a steep learning curve??

If its for bidding I might suggest taking photos from above with camera straight down and importing them into a CAD program and scaling it up to known dimensions on the image.

The sky is the limit here and if all out mapping is what you need then be prepared to spend a lot of time going down that path. If you are just doing dimensioned out bids then the CAD trick works great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986