Compass Calibration unsuccessfull

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just got a 3dr solo and been getting magnetic interference everywhere I try to fly.

I tried to calibrate the compass but the green bar only gets halfway and gets stuck.

I've tried resetting to factory settings, different areas and I'm getting no luck. I've read countless threads and watched so many videos but my 3dr is not responding well.

Returning for a new one is not an option. Please help!!

I had this problem a couple of years ago. 3dr sent a new "compass leg". I installed it and all was well.

Sounds like you have a bad compass leg, in which case there's very little you can do calibration wise. You may either want to look at purchasing a new compass leg or switch to using the HERE GPS which is mast mounted and has it's own compass.

However while you're waiting.... make sure you're calibration outdoors, away from metal structures, if you have a watch take it off before you calibrate (some use magnetic clasps), see if it helps.

I have just had one of my birds do the same thing, been flying fine, then all of a sudden , mag errors. Couldn't calibrate so dissabled leg compass in mission planner, then I could calibrate, replaced leg compass, reenabled in mission planner and calibrated fine and flying again. This happened out of the blue.

The trick is to determine which compass it is, seems the leg ones are the ones that give trouble.

Sounds like you have a bad compass leg, in which case there's very little you can do calibration wise. You may either want to look at purchasing a new compass leg or switch to using the HERE GPS which is mast mounted and has it's own compass.

However while you're waiting.... make sure you're calibration outdoors, away from metal structures, if you have a watch take it off before you calibrate (some use magnetic clasps), see if it helps.
I have just had one of my birds do the same thing, been flying fine, then all of a sudden , mag errors. Couldn't calibrate so dissabled leg compass in mission planner, then I could calibrate, replaced leg compass, reenabled in mission planner and calibrated fine and flying again. This happened out of the blue.

The trick is to determine which compass it is, seems the leg ones are the ones that give trouble.

Thank you so much for both suggestions. I am going to try to replace the compass leg.

Reactions: Robpower

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986