Compass calibration issue on purchased parts drone

Reaction score
Hi all,
I purchased a second Solo for parts as i had need for motor pod seemed a better deal to buy whole bird....from ebay...best buy return..also bought spare motor pods so thought id try to make this other solo work....Gopro on frame only no gimbal, on start up says magnetic interference always,everywhere...did factory reset twice ...paired...re-paired....updated ..compass calibration only completes to halfway on 3dr App...attempted several times....opened up bird ,checked connections...all seems good....any thoughts?...i am considering taking compass from other bird but reluctant as it is fine don't want to cause issue. anyone have this problem solved?

Try setting SYSID_SW_MREV to 0 thru Tower or Mission Planner, then rebooting the controller and SOLO. Then perform Level and Magnetic calibrations. Might work, might not. Either way, fantastic price on parts bird, no?

Reactions: RDA
yes good price...but would be even better if it could fly...will try miision planner or tower ....which is best?..running Ipad mini but have a laptop i can use

If pixhawk...I'd be better off with green cube and upgrade to solex and beyond

It is a digital signal, but at a physical level it is a MEMS device and so is occasionally subject to some stiction, especially if roughly handled or shock loaded.

Sometimes a little percussive maintenance actually can help. But it isn't recommended.

Hey Soup

How did it go?

Had the same issue and unplugged the compass from the board. Compass calibration worked fine after that. I figure it must be a bad compass leg and am waiting for a new one... hope that helps

On other quads I have had this problem and it had nothing to do with the compass. If a firmware flash is interrupted it can cause that message.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40