Combining log files?

Reaction score
Website
edbeckphotography.com
How can one take multiple log files and combine them into one?

So whenever I loose controller connectivity on a Tower mission, then I regain connectivity a new log file is generated. Is it possible to combine these into one file? My purpose is so I don't have to read multiple files into Mission Planner in order to geotag the images.

Thanks,

due the format of the logs they can't be combined. also being able to alter or generate new logs would impact the integrity of the apm logging system.

your logs shouldn't be rolling over when mp (or controller) loses signal. it should only roll over on power on/power off. do you have any sample logs that you can upload that have been split?

How are logs supposed to work? If I take off, maintain connectivity, then land I have the flight log in the controller that I can download.

What should happen if I lose connectivity during the flight and regain it before landing? How about if I don't regain connectivity before landing?

Any other way to get data so I can geotag images?

There are 2 logs. One set on the controller and one set on the Solo. The version on the Solo will be complete (even if your controller loses connection).

This is a link provided to me by 3DR explaining how to pull the last 10 logs in .bin format from the Solo using WinSCP.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
FYI: It is also possible to get older (>last 10) logs too using a different method.

You can use Mission Planner to convert the bin files to gpx or kmz files.

If you aren't already, I would look into Geosetter for geotagging images.

Reactions: Ed Beck
There are 2 logs. One set on the controller and one set on the Solo. The version on the Solo will be complete (even if your controller loses connection).

This is a link provided to me by 3DR explaining how to pull the last 10 logs in .bin format from the Solo using WinSCP.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
FYI: It is also possible to get older (>last 10) logs too using a different method.

You can use Mission Planner to convert the bin files to gpx or kmz files.

If you aren't already, I would look into Geosetter for geotagging images.
Thank you very much! This is very helpful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig