No flight log for Solex mission

Reaction score
I just ran a Solex survey mission earlier today. Once I got inside to pull pics and data, I fire it back up, open Solex, went to the map thing, layers, flight logs, and the only flight log is one from a month ago. Nothing from today. Am I doing something wrong? I need the flight log to geotag pics.

I'm running Open Solo 4 on a stock cube, if that matters.

I may have figured it out. I tried getting the log from Solex from the 3 bar or hamburger menu in the upper left. This is where the logs are listed as RECENT through RECENT-5. I'm still confused as to what log is what in that directory. Does anyone have a good explanation for what is what in there?
I shot a survey yesterday and today. Just kept switching which folder of pics with different logs until Mission Planner accepted one for geotagging. Not sure if they're right. I uploaded them to Maps Made Easy and will find out tomorrow night if it worked. Fingers crossed.

So I think my geotagging is still clearly off. I used Mission Planner for the geotagging, used the time offset option, had it estimate the time difference, then plugged that in. The camera was set to gps time so I'm not sure why it estimated the time at 40+ days off.
I ran the same mission on 3-7 and 3-8. One of the logs showed the mission, so I tried it with both sets of pics. First pic is 3-8 pics, mp screenshot and third pic is with the 3-7 pics. The shutter was locked in way too fast on 3-7 which is why those are dark.
My hope was that one of these maps would be at least close, and then I would know which day the log was from, but they both seem to be off about the same amount.
I guess this is progress at least. Anyone have any ideas here or recommendations?
bdf33e99984773b22aa96d0ac40ed339.jpg
e86cb05e365b5a5183b09e8063bb2534.jpg
7b88f22133e2d1db3a71db302ce94835.jpg

What camera are you using?

I also seem to recall an issue with conversion of System Time [for Solo's onboard timekeeping] to GPS time. Details are eluding me at present.

I think I may have it mostly figured out. I still don't know the logic to how Solex names log files, or why the one didn't show up there. Mission Planner found that one, so I pulled it there. I made another attempt at tagging from the log last night and refiguring the camera offset. It's not perfect yet, but closer. Note that the road to the East is still a little off. So I'll keep plugging away at it. MP's estimated offset differed from my new calculation by about 23 secs more, so I'm going to try a bigger offset. 23 secs seems too much though with as close as this one is. I flew at 15mph.

This is from the 3-8 flight (my second attempt at the mission). When I set the camera clock, I wasnt watching the hours closely enough and had the camera at 3 o'clock while gps time was 2300, so I was off by 5 hours. Also, apparently the Solo uses local time, not gps time, so that's another roughly 8 secs off, plus any lack of precision in my first setting plus camera delay and I was 5 hours and 12 seconds off. I discovered the difference by comparing camera time and Solo time which I didn't realize before, but MP shows Solo time when connected. MP's geotagging function estimated 5 hours and 35 seconds. So hopefully the answer is in there somewhere.
16bc02f3ba8ec36d4cb1c12ce6ea4c2f.jpg

Hi, I think I can help with this.

If you're running an old version of the Solo firmware, you need to install the "Photo Events" package on your Solo so it will transmit camera events to Solex when pictures are taken. When you do that, you'll see a Flight Log (NOT Dataflash logs called RECENT*.BIN, etc) in the Missions layer of the map view under the flight screen named for the date/time you flew the mission (date/time based on your Android device's date/time, not Solos, etc). That flight log will contain one Photo event for each picture that was taken.

Hi, I think I can help with this.

If you're running an old version of the Solo firmware, you need to install the "Photo Events" package on your Solo so it will transmit camera events to Solex when pictures are taken. When you do that, you'll see a Flight Log (NOT Dataflash logs called RECENT*.BIN, etc) in the Missions layer of the map view under the flight screen named for the date/time you flew the mission (date/time based on your Android device's date/time, not Solos, etc). That flight log will contain one Photo event for each picture that was taken.

I'm running Open Solo 4 so I think it's supposed to be built-in. I need to try to fly another survey mission and try the process again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40