Changing the flight performance depending on the mode

This would be a job for dronekit, not ardupilot/copter/plane/etc. I doubt you'd have to actually touch ardupilot.

Here's how you could directly set the flight mode: DroneKit-Python API Reference

You can also set event observers so that when the flight mode is changed, secondary actions are automatically triggered. I believe what you want to do would be *relatively* simple. I am not an expert python coder, I primarily use PHP/C++ but it's not too difficult to do stuff. I've messed with some basic and creating misssions, etc. The docs and examples are really pretty decent. You can really make the solo do some incredible things via dronekit and even create custom smart shots. I wish I had more free time...

Reactions: Burkeam
This would be a job for dronekit, not ardupilot/copter/plane/etc. I doubt you'd have to actually touch ardupilot.

Here's how you could directly set the flight mode: DroneKit-Python API Reference

You can also set event observers so that when the flight mode is changed, secondary actions are automatically triggered. I believe what you want to do would be *relatively* simple. I am not an expert python coder, I primarily use PHP/C++ but it's not too difficult to do stuff. I've messed with some basic and creating misssions, etc. The docs and examples are really pretty decent. You can really make the solo do some incredible things via dronekit and even create custom smart shots. I wish I had more free time...
Thanks PdxSteve,

I could not see this being too big of a deal. I'm with you on the more free time wish. I'm juggling my free time drone priorities getting my 3d process down while looking to add different cameras and RTK GPS. Hence I come to plagiarize others constructive input on this matter. Thanks again

Wow ! Come on guys !? Let's remain human and "as a team". I get the idea that was suggested, and it is not bad at all. The man does not have to be a programmer nor a coder to bring up an idea or suggestion !!! In automobile world, it's not always ingeneers and conceptors that bring up a new idea. Sometimes , it's been from consumers...people who are using and driving their products! So they know... And can find new ideas, etc...

@Pedals2Paddles, you mention "Also, smart shot speed is governed by the speed sliders in the smart shots. "

What does that mean? It's been my experience you get some speed between points on a cable cam, possibly based on how you fly the first time you set up the cable. Do you mean you can adjust the speed separately after the cable cam is saved?

Do you mean you can adjust the speed separately after the cable cam is saved?

Yes, in the cable cam options on your tablet or smart phone. See the bottom right corner below. By adjusting the flight time, you're adjusting the speed. (Unfortunately the app does not currently let you adjust the speed between each waypoint separately.)
cablecam.png

Ain't nothing too hard or complicated for the boys at 3DR! Are you kidding me they're waiting on feedback like this! And another vote for "no it would not be that hard to do"! Now a little harder coding would be for it to slow down near altitude 0 (regardless of speed settings) so you don't have to gun the throttle with a low battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela