Can't change GoPro settings

Reaction score
I'm prepping for a job this afternoon and I am unable to change the settings on my GoPro 4 Black from the app (running on Nexus 7 2013). I checked for updates and there aren't any available, so I should be up to date. I'm trying to change from 4k to 2.7k 60fps and everytime I change the resolution, it jumps back to 4k. Any ideas?

SOLVED...
Apparently if your GoPro doesn't default to video mode, this will cause this issue. I connected to my GoPro via the Android app and changed the default mode to Video and the Submode to Video. I turned WiFi off, put it back on the gimbal and rebooted and everything is back to normal.

SOLVED...
Apparently if your GoPro doesn't default to video mode, this will cause this issue. I connected to my GoPro via the Android app and changed the default mode to Video and the Submode to Video. I turned WiFi off, put it back on the gimbal and rebooted and everything is back to normal.
Thanks for posting the solution- I bet others are having the same problem.

Hey all, I just got the gimbal installed and the Gopro transmits video just fine, however the record button is grayed out as are all of of the cameras control settings within the Solo App.

Im using the Gopro Hero 3 Black (latest updates) with the Android version of the Solo app.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Lo

Just thought I'd chime in, as I've had a similar problem as the OP and had a different reason/solution for it.

My GoPro 4 Black kept reverting back to 1080p/60 every time I tried to change the settings. Just ignored input from the Solo App. I even took the camera off and changed the settings manually, but they still reverted.

Apparently I had my GoPro in video+photo mode, and that was keeping me from being able to use any higher resolutions. I just had to change it back to video only, and it went back to working as normal.

Onezoso, I have a Hero 4, and that has happened to me a few times after stopping a recording. I've just exited back to the main menu of the Solo app and when I tap the Fly Solo button I get the video feed back, record capability returns. But... make sure you don't have the 3 Black's WiFi on, and I don't know how it behaves with the most recent firmware, but check your control settings to make sure they are consistent with what 3DR recommends (there is remote, app and remote+app for Hero 4).

Reactions: Waveriderz
Hey V3 thanks for the info, unfortunately it didn't solve my issue. I'm surprised there is little on the internet of others describing this, which leads me to believe I may be in the minority.

I'm stumped at this point. :(

I have had so many problems with my camera/drone functionality that I don't even assume I'm recording anymore. If I am it's a bonus.
I wish I had bought the P3.
Oh well, live and learn.

hey Onezoso

I have the same problems with my GP 3+ , all parameter are grey , are you find the solution ?
sorry for my bad english i'm french :)

Reactions: Mikey51

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc