Can someone help me? Stuck motor pod caused crash

Reaction score
Hello, I flew my drone today for about 15 minutes before packing it back up and then 3 hours later I go out again and this time gps lock right away. Everything is good to go pre trip inspection complete. I take off and then I notice one of my back led lights were solid green and the other one solid red. The fronts were solid white. I notice this and I come in for landing, it sets down but doesn't shut the motors off and right away moves forward to the right and tips over. Of course all the propellers were shot and broken off. This is the second drone from solo I've had this weird led light problem with now. So when I turn it over I'm thinking ok I only need to change the propellers but when I turn one to completely bricked almost and barely will turn. Before this my app says crash detected and I submitted the crash report. I'm just happy the body wasn't broken or crashed so now I can still exchange it at Best Buy hassle feee when I get home tonight. I'm just kind of shocked and nervous that this didn't happe 1,000 feet away and 300 feet in the air! Like what would have caused this motor pod to lock up like this. The drone literally turned to its side and flopped over. I do have the video of it happening thankfully.

The motor pod didn't lock up and cause the crash. The crash damaged the motor.

What caused the crash tho? It has never happened like this on any of my solos? What causes the flickering and tweaking lights that won't stay 2 red and 2 white even after being connected for 10 minutes and ready to fly. I'm very bumbed by this. I'm trying to edit the video to get rid of where I work in the video so I will upload it soon to avoid trolls. I'm in line and exchanging as I type right now. No comment on the drone from the guy.

Well successfully exchanged for a brand new one. 6 new props in drone box with brand new drone. this one looks like it has the second version of the gps. So hopefully this doesn't happen again.

also after looking At serial number or whatever my first drone matches the one I have new now and the last two that had the same light flickers that weren't the proper color had the different serial number. So hopefully this one is as good as my first solo that had zero problems. Other then crashing straight down to ground 130 feet in acro mode. That drone still flys but is my back up solo bcuz of a cracked arm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo