Can only arm motors and fly with tower app

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm trying here as well as the official support ( not fruitful on the support end so far )

I do have a tarot 2d gimbal installed. I have also disconnected the tarot gimbal, results are the same.

Two symptoms of weirdness,
1. All the arm LEDS are solid red, all the time, even in flight.
2 If i hold fly on the remote, it looks like it will work the green bar loads across the screen on the remote, stays there and nothing happens. The drone does not arm. No errors at all.

One thing I noticed though, the solo app doesn't seem to be getting the autopilot version, it just spins trying to get the version. I get full bars on the remote.

Now, when using tower, hitting arm, the solo arms and takes off when i hit take off. This really sucks, because i'm going to fly the solo in cold weather and my thick gloves are not touch screen, and even if they were, my dexterity with the gloves on is limited.

Things i have tried. (Compass and level calibrations when needed) :

Different phone with the solo app.
No phone connected to remote at all.
Different flight modes ( fly:manual, stabilize)
Setting SYSID_SW_MREV to 0
Full factory reset on remote and solo

I'm out of ideas at this point, any help would be greatly appreciated. Support is telling me that "Factory Reset" is my last option, which a bit unnerving.

Hey Guys,

I'm trying here as well as the official support ( not fruitful on the support end so far )

I do have a tarot 2d gimbal installed. I have also disconnected the tarot gimbal, results are the same.

Two symptoms of weirdness,
1. All the arm LEDS are solid red, all the time, even in flight.
2 If i hold fly on the remote, it looks like it will work the green bar loads across the screen on the remote, stays there and nothing happens. The drone does not arm. No errors at all.

One thing I noticed though, the solo app doesn't seem to be getting the autopilot version, it just spins trying to get the version. I get full bars on the remote.

Now, when using tower, hitting arm, the solo arms and takes off when i hit take off. This really sucks, because i'm going to fly the solo in cold weather and my thick gloves are not touch screen, and even if they were, my dexterity with the gloves on is limited.

Things i have tried. (Compass and level calibrations when needed) :

Different phone with the solo app.
No phone connected to remote at all.
Different flight modes ( fly:manual, stabilize)
Setting SYSID_SW_MREV to 0
Full factory reset on remote and solo

I'm out of ideas at this point, any help would be greatly appreciated. Support is telling me that "Factory Reset" is my last option, which a bit unnerving.
A full factory reset without the tarot installed. It's relatively painless. Heads up though. Someone a few days ago mentioned that the directions for pairing the controller and the Solo are out of date on 3RRs support page. So if you have problems with that part call 3DR directly. Other than that it should be easy. Once you reset, you'll need to update all your firmware again using the Solo apps.

A full factory reset without the tarot installed. It's relatively painless. Heads up though. Someone a few days ago mentioned that the directions for pairing the controller and the Solo are out of date on 3RRs support page. So if you have problems with that part call 3DR directly. Other than that it should be easy. Once you reset, you'll need to update all your firmware again using the Solo apps.
Thank you for your suggestion, i should have mentioned that i performed all of the above actions with the tarot removed.

Thank you for your suggestion, i should have mentioned that i performed all of the above actions with the tarot removed.
Did you send any logs to 3DR? Probably worth it at this point, but send them logs for flights without the gimbal ... otherwise they'll assume that's the cause.

Did you send any logs to 3DR? Probably worth it at this point, but send them logs for flights without the gimbal ... otherwise they'll assume that's the cause.
I send a flight log from my last flight ( gimbal installed ) and sent them my .params before and after reset. They are saying that the mainboard is damaged.

I send a flight log from my last flight ( gimbal installed ) and sent them my .params before and after reset. They are saying that the mainboard is damaged.
Ah well there you have it. Hopefully your within the 30 days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44