Camera Paddle/Trigger/Ch7

And to make things more odd- the camera trigger worked on a different solo (also with v4rc3). Compared parameters and everything looks the same. Then I tried copying GoProManager.py from the working solo to the non (they were slightly different sizes).

EDIT: after fooling around with different CAM_DURATION settings, we're up and running!

Last edited:
Sorry to highjack the threat I just have a similar on topic question, how does the original pan signal get to the OEM gimbal? Is it over the serial RX TX or USB connection in the gimbal cable?

Sorry to highjack the threat I just have a similar on topic question, how does the original pan signal get to the OEM gimbal? Is it over the serial RX TX or USB connection in the gimbal cable?
There is no pan control on the OEM gimbal. Pan is just by rotating the coper itself. If you mean the pan/tilt and all the other functions, it is mavlink control on serial 4 from the cube. The USB from the gimbal is not used for anything. that was something 3DR intended to use for retrieving video over the wifi link but never got around to it. That USB connection goes to to IMX and unused.

Reactions: yarrr and tlowe97
There is no pan control on the OEM gimbal. Pan is just by rotating the coper itself. If you mean the pan/tilt and all the other functions, it is mavlink control on serial 4 from the cube. The USB from the gimbal is not used for anything. that was something 3DR intended to use for retrieving video over the wifi link but never got around to it. That USB connection goes to to IMX and unused.
Sorry yes tilt is what I meant. Ok I was right in assuming they are using serial. Do we have documentation for this serial connection? Messages, responses etc? Working on a serial to PWM converter for aftermarket gimbal control.

It's a customized mavlink driver, specifically for the Solo's gimbal. See all the solo files here in the ArduPilot mount library. ArduPilot/ardupilot

But you probably don't need to do what trying to do. You can buy a Storm32 mavlink gimbal controller, and change the mount type parameter to 4 (Storm32 Mavlink) instead of Solo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421