Point A :
Elevation 20 meters
90 degree tilt
bearing 360 degrees

Point B:
Elevation 5 meters
70 degree tilt
bearing 180

How do I program Solo to go clockwise or counter clockwise during the movement from B-A, A-B?

Another, almost different type of question:

I'm noticing that the gimbal tilts have a pre programmed behavior. Am I seeing a continuously, evenly distributed tilt through the cable cam A-B movement or is it unevenly activated? Faster near the end, etc.

Reactions: Maddog and R3AP37
I have not read the link provided by RichWest, which undoubtedly contains more up to date information, but this is what I have found so far...

The Solo will turn in the direction that results in the least amount of rotation.

Using a clock analogy, if Point A is pointed at 12 o'clock, and point B is pointed at 5 o'clock, then the Solo will yaw clockwise, sweeping past 1, 2, 3 and 4 on its way to 5.

If point B is set to 7 o'clock, then the Solo will sweep counter-clockwise past 11, 10, 9 and 8 on its way to 7.

Make sense?

As for the tilt (and the yaw), the movement is logarithmic, not linear. The idea is to give you nice professional easing in and out.

I have not read the link provided by RichWest, which undoubtedly contains more up to date information, but this is what I have found so far...

The Solo will turn in the direction that results in the least amount of rotation.

Using a clock analogy, if Point A is pointed at 12 o'clock, and point B is pointed at 5 o'clock, then the Solo will yaw clockwise, sweeping past 1, 2, 3 and 4 on its way to 5.

If point B is set to 7 o'clock, then the Solo will sweep counter-clockwise past 11, 10, 9 and 8 on its way to 7.

Make sense?

As for the tilt (and the yaw), the movement is logarithmic, not linear. The idea is to give you nice professional easing in and out.
I am guessing that to force the Solo to rotate (yaw) in the opposite direction of its default programing, you would need to use the left stick to override.

I haven't tried it yet, but under the options in Cable Cam, I saw an option to reverse the direction of the Camera rotation, or at least that what I thought it said. Click the three ... in the Cable Cam menu to check the options out.

You can also turn off the control of the camera yaw, and manually control it as the Solo flies along the 'cable'.

I could be wrong about what it said, and I'm not in front of the system now.

Reactions: erikgraham
I didn't read any responses so if someone already responded with the instructions, my fault.

How to do it in the Cable Cam setup is. You need to point the camera in the directions during Point A and Point B.

As simple as I can state so everyone will understand is if you take 4 points (North, South, East, West). Lets say you point the front of Solo North (let's just say pointing up at the ceiling) and set your A point. If during your route to set your second point B your rotate your copter East and then point it at the floor and set your B point, during the flight the bird will rotate evenly from North to Northeast, to East to South East to finally finish at South.

Having the Cliff notes to flying a given "shot" is great, but you'll never actually master the shot on demand unless you practice the whole setup over and over. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

I'm noticing that the gimbal tilts have a pre programmed behavior. Am I seeing a continuously, evenly distributed tilt through the cable cam A-B movement or is it unevenly activated? Faster near the end, etc.
You may need to slow your yaw settings to turtle-slow to have the results wanted. Based on the article above, the flight/rotation should start and end smoothly - regardless of everything in between. If you are not seeing that, then I would contact 3DR to have them address what you are experiencing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc