Broadcast to Youtube / Facebook via software

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to stream live (or close to live) to any online source? I asked Jen on a live periscope broadcast and she said she does it but started to cut out when she was saying the apps.

I found an app that will work but when I connect to the solo controller (via wifi of course) I lose internet connection.

Odd thing is I still have my maps that I can browse while flying (it still uses the mobile data).

Does anyone know how to force an app I have installed in my android device to only use cellular data (while connect to the no Internet solo wifi)? If I can get that to do that I will be able to get it to work.

Last edited:
The maps still work because they are cached from back when you were still connected to the internet.

Not all phones have the ability to use mobile data in the absence of (or in parallel with) WiFi. Some do, some don't. And even those that do, sometimes get confused.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Weird.. I didn't set to cache the maps and can scroll for days in the maps and it keeps downloading while flying.

I emailed 3dr last night about this. Was on periscope with Jen and she said it works so I asked them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hello Nick,

We are sorry but we don't have any information about how that process will work.

We recommend you to check the forums:

http://ardupilot.com/forum
Discussion Forum

Best Regards,

Ryan Renteria
3D Robotics
Tech Support Agent

I can't get it to work just yet. Trying to figure out how to force the app to only use cellular data. The app is YT Gaming

Have you tried using the Facebook app. My question would be. By going live, how do you make your live source be the GoPro attached on the solo. I need a little more info and I probably could figure it out

I have tried and tried.. if there was a way to force an app on my phone to use cellular data instead of trying to use wifi I could get it to work.

I'm pretty sure I can get the Facebook app to use cellular instead of wifi, just how to make the GoPro via my solo, the video feed source. Anyone can tell me how to do that

My Nexus 6P will use cell data when connected to WiFi without internet such as the Solo. That's going to be based on the make/model of the phone and carrier. Not something for facebook to figure out. That said, facebook is going to use the phone's camera to stream. So I don't believe this will work.

Ok, now I know we're talking about live via social media. I just came across an interesting question. Has Anyone, used FPV goggles with their solo, if so what brand and how was it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44