Just FYI folks, PayPal does not automatically send me your shipping address so please include that when ordering.:)

Thank you.:D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You've hit a home run @Maddog! I love everything about them! I consider the BriteLite Anti-Collision Lighting System to be one of the best upgrades for the Solo. You're definitely take pride in your work. Professional job at every level of this build. Including the provided manual :)

I was led to believe that both front and back polar pro LEDs and the bright lights would draw too much power from the accessory bay connection..!

MadDog, is this correct?

I was led to believe that both front and back polar pro LEDs and the bright lights would draw too much power from the accessory bay connection..!

MadDog, is this correct?
I didn't notice any voltage change with and w/out them on. Battery life seems the same. Maybe a minute or less. Unnoticeable

Reactions: Maddog and speatuk
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You've hit a home run @Maddog! I love everything about them! I consider the BriteLite Anti-Collision Lighting System to be one of the best upgrades for the Solo. You're definitely take pride in your work. Professional job at every level of this build. Including the provided manual :)
Thanks Keith- I appreciate the kind words.

We can still make good stuff right here in America.

Reactions: Solo Keith

MadDog, is this correct?
That was my concern although use in the field may prove me wrong. I wanted to be conservative and not risk blowing a fuse or something inside Solo. Parts like that might be hard/ impossible to find and I didn't want to be responsible for blowing somebody's bird out of the sky.:cool:

Amen Brother.
Hopefully you'll still have some available in a couple weeks. I'll be getting another set if so.

Amen Brother.
Hopefully you'll still have some available in a couple weeks. I'll be getting another set if so.
They will be available. Just let me know when you're ready.

Unfortunately I have no real need for nav/strobe lights, strictly a hobby related flyer and follow the basic rules. But have a few questions...

You have a total of five lights. Could one of the leds be removed without issue to the forward voltage of the remaining four leds? The tail light is the one I would want to remove. I assume yes, but want to make sure.

Also, the leds are mounted to the aluminum mounts, how? Adhesive or screws? I'd like to hack your offering to fit my application, basically the black box, two navs and two strobes. I'd be stripping the mounts and modify the external wiring.

Not asking for a special version for my needs, just asking a few questions...

Unfortunately I have no real need for nav/strobe lights, strictly a hobby related flyer and follow the basic rules. But have a few questions...

You have a total of five lights. Could one of the leds be removed without issue to the forward voltage of the remaining four leds? The tail light is the one I would want to remove. I assume yes, but want to make sure.

Also, the leds are mounted to the aluminum mounts, how? Adhesive or screws? I'd like to hack your offering to fit my application, basically the black box, two navs and two strobes. I'd be stripping the mounts and modify the external wiring.

Not asking for a special version for my needs, just asking a few questions...
Hmm- let me check with my patent attorney, lol!

The rear red led is on a circuit by itself, so it doesn't affect the other 4.

The mounts are actually 3D printed ABS and the led's are attached with superglue.

I can send you one with no wire, different wire, no mounts, etc. It's easy to modify during the build process. Let me know what you want.

Reactions: RichWest
Let me sit on it for a couple of weeks and think it through... Other projects are on my table at present, I don't want to veer off-course to far.

One more question, did you ever consider making the kit to use its own battery? Small size and weight like a GoPro or cell phone battery....

Actually I didn't realize you were selling the kits yet, last post I recall was still a work in progress...my bad.

Let me sit on it for a couple of weeks and think it through... Other projects are on my table at present, I don't want to veer off-course to far.

One more question, did you ever consider making the kit to use its own battery? Small size and weight like a GoPro or cell phone battery....

Actually I didn't realize you were selling the kits yet, last post I recall was still a work in progress...my bad.
The white led's are wired in series and require 12.5V. I don't think a small battery could provide the voltage and current necessary.

Well I just put Maddog's LED kit on my bird. The lights are so bright it's ridiculous!! It's plug and play. It took less time to install it than it did to upgrade my drone and controller.I'm extremely pleased with it. I will be buying another soon.

Thanks Maddog!!!

Reactions: Maddog
Well I just put Maddog's LED kit on my bird. The lights are so bright it's ridiculous!! It's plug and play. It took less time to install it than it did to upgrade my drone and controller.I'm extremely pleased with it. I will be buying another soon.

Thanks Maddog!!!
Thank you! Glad they are working out for you.

Thanks Maddog!!!

Wait until you try it in the dark, it's like a helimed coming in to land lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo