Boat Mode

So to my understanding, theres a way to download something to enable a boat mode? I'd probably be willing to go for it if it means i can take off from my boat and still have the follow me feature to follow the boat underway... I plan to get the Gopro 5 so that rules out losing the gopro if there was a splash down I'd hope at least.
Somewhere on this vast forum, was a suggested code change to 'fool' Solo. It was highly suggested by people who know more than I, that it was not advisable. But... let us know if you have any success (or failure). :)

After the video showing actual proof of a boat launch by the karma, i may have a solo on the market for those interested lol.

Reactions: Crisp Rice
I wonder if it'd be possible to make a small platform on a see-saw hinge with some weight suspended underneath. Just enough to keep it level as the boat rocked beneath it. It wouldn't have to be big, just enough for the Solo's legs. Could probably whip one up from PVC pipe from Lowes/Home Depot and some plywood. Might help raise Solo away from metal/magnetic interference too.

Yeah I made one with a video steadicam (glidegear 5050), it is working walking around the yard but havent sea tested it yet!

how can the phantom (dirty word i know) launch from a boat? I'm in a situation where I will be at sea for 3 weeks, and I know a colleague is bring the little white thing, so if he can take off and I can't (as the ships photog) I'm going to look like a dick :( Obviously doing the whole arm on the shore and keep powered is not really an option for me!

how can the phantom (dirty word i know) launch from a boat? I'm in a situation where I will be at sea for 3 weeks, and I know a colleague is bring the little white thing, so if he can take off and I can't (as the ships photog) I'm going to look like a dick :( Obviously doing the whole arm on the shore and keep powered is not really an option for me!

bring your gun and have some skeet shooting training :cool:

Reactions: Brendon Baddiley
It is probably doing exactly what they're working on having arducopter do. It isn't a mystery what is required for it to work. It just wasn't a high priority enhancement for arducopter until now. DJI may also have less strict rules for initialization and prearm.

Any update on Boat Mode?

I haven't been around for awhile. Did I miss anything? Someone just asked me about it, and last I knew it was a dead end. Still failing at initialization, no plans by 3DR to merge into the newer arducopter code, etc etc (all discussed above in this thread).

Any update on Boat Mode?.
I have heard zip. Some (like yourself) are still achieving limited success on calm, protected waters. Based on video from these successes, I could likely do the same - if I ever had calm, protected waters. :(

I haven't heard any news either. I don't think enough of 3DR's proprietary code has been legally opened up yet to accomplish it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc