Blocked by Paul Dinardi and Phil Rowse

Reaction score
A few months ago I questioned their claims about new batteries. Phillip even blamed me for their failed talks with GenStattu to produce more batteries.

I called GenStattu to express interest in new batteries and that I'd purchase if they made more. Yet Phil said I ruined it all for simply expressing interest.

They blocked me from the Solo FB group.

Now they have said there won't be any new solo batteries and the DIY option, that I said all along, is the best option for keeping the Solo alive.

It seems we were strung along with the promise of new batteries to encourage us to buy their products. I don't think new batteries were ever seriously in the works.

Someone is considering making a DIY kit to adapt to any battery you like. Hopefully that will come to fruition.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181103-090144.png
    Screenshot_20181103-090144.png
    255.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot_20181103-090317.png
    Screenshot_20181103-090317.png
    235.3 KB · Views: 142
Wow! Grow up guys! Enough comparing dick sizes. We all need to work on this problem together to find a solution. There are already several ways to use other batts for Solo but it can be a ( dangerous ) pain in the ass. I doubt a company would cancel negotiations on a new project because of one person's query. Just my two cents.

Hey, I have a few cents left to share, after purchasing a G.C. and HERE and a few of the last batteries from B&H. I joined a few of the Solo FB groups, like I did this Forum, to try to get more knowledge about the 3DR Solo. Maybe get a answer to a question I had that someone else asked about, what ever the reason, it wasn’t to hear a group of guys talking smack or ripping somebody for not knowing or for trying to get some answers or information. There must have been 80+ posts on one FB group talking Smack, Sh^t or Get off the Pot type things about the possible New Batteries coming in the near Future. There was definitely a Very Valid, doesn’t take a Rocket Scientist to understand answer on what’s going on and involved with the production of New Solo Batteries given and it should’ve ended at that. Sometimes you need to engage Brain before Mouth. Who knows if that call did Kill it, maybe it was the straw that broke the camels back, with some of the crap that was being said by people that don’t get enough attention already and just like stirring the pot, who knows what’s going to happen. I just think these Forums and Groups need to used for what they were intended for, used for Information not Misinformation, Guidance to keeping these things in the Air... I.D.K. something about not thinking about consequences of the things we say or do, maybe I had a little more than a few cents left??? Never Mind.....

Last edited:
A few months ago I questioned their claims about new batteries. Phillip even blamed me for their failed talks with GenStattu to produce more batteries.

I called GenStattu to express interest in new batteries and that I'd purchase if they made more. Yet Phil said I ruined it all for simply expressing interest.

Now they have said there won't be any new solo batteries and the DIY option, that I said all along, is the best option for keeping the Solo alive.

It seems we were strung along with the promise of new batteries to encourage us to buy their products. I don't think new batteries were ever seriously in the works.

Someone is considering making a DIY kit to adapt to any battery you like. Hopefully that will come to fruition.

This has to be Misses Droneworship.

Look who it is Droneworship

I feel your pain. After almost two and a half years of dedicated loyalty to the Group(s) and my three beloved Solos (two heavily modified, one still in the box) that stuck up for the Admins when things got ugly, I too was axed for asking for the current status of the fresh packs then reacting badly to their belittement. Seems it's a very sensitive subject.

I was the very first JD customer of the HERE and enjoyed an excellent relationship with the owner.

That said I'm not oblivious to the fact that I miss the Group far more than it misses me.

I have never flown anything besides Solo and plan on mine being the last ones in the sky!

Having been, key word “Been” a member of that FB group, all I’m going to say about that is, It’s not What you say but How you say it, is what matters. But telling someone to Sh^t or get off the Pot couldn’t have the same definition as Asking in my book. But what do I know, never mind......

Having been, key word “Been” a member of that FB group, all I’m going to say about that is, It’s not What you say but How you say it, is what matters. But telling someone to Sh^t or get off the Pot couldn’t have the same definition as Asking in my book. But what do I know, never mind......
I get what you are saying. That colloquialism is pretty common in my world and in no way was intended to disparage the folks I challenged. It was met, perhaps rightfully so, with a barrage of replies that hopefully was meant to bust me back. That being, I needed to fund the fresh battery provision as there was little chance that a production run could be implemented without a sizable monetary commitment.

I suspect that this has always been the case. Considering the mass exodus away from Solo for a variety or reasons I questioned in my own mind if new packs were in fact a reality. Despite my personal convictions I repeatedly defended the promise of fresh packs. When the Parks Department made that $200k purchase of Solos I saw this as an excellent chance that fresh packs would indeed be a reality.

I still hold out hope. The original proclamation provided that the new packs will be available only after the original pack inventory was depleted which makes perfect sense.

Now it's a cat and mouse game. The longer it takes the new packs to come to market the fewer there will be of Solo enthusiasts to buy them. The rule of diminishing return.

Telling other people how to run their business usually doesn't end well in any aspect of life. BTW MIke, you are still a member of the beta test group.

Reactions: Michael Lione
Telling other people how to run their business usually doesn't end well in any aspect of life. BTW MIke, you are still a member of the beta test group.
Yep and the Mod Club as well. I frequent them every day. That said, not being the brightest crayon in the box I'm too low on the food chain to contribute much worthy in these Groups and work hard to keep a low profile. I keep in touch with my few pals with PM. All is good.

Reactions: jonbrotherton
I don't quite understand all the frenzy over batteries. You can 3d print your own cases. If anyone is interested, I need your email address and I will send the information and files to you. Follow the instructions to the word, take it to your local library that has a 3D printer or to anyone you know with a 3D printer and they turn out perfect and work out standing. There is a closed version for the exact size battery that we have now or an open version that you can put a bigger battery in. Or, email me at [email protected]

Last edited:
Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Not sure if this is the same but found this awhile back on YouTube that has a link in the description for the thingivers.com site for the 3D printer files 2850940 ???

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the same but found this awhile back on YouTube that has a link in the description for the thingivers.com site for the 3D printer files 2850940 ???

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
yes as long as that has the files you can download your good if not send me an email and I will send them to you

Reactions: jonbrotherton

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986