The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Reaction score
The Ugly-So, I'm flying my Solo after work when I run it into a guide line (thin cable). I had decided to use the stock blades instead of the Master Airscrew ones for comparison purposes. Of course the stock blade shattered on contact. The MA's might not have broken and the Solo might have caught itself.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Good- I have insurance and they've already sent a check for $1004. Besides, I was getting a "calibration error" about 50% of the time when I hit fly.

The Bad- lost upgrades, leg slider, leg extenders, lens filter, Mro GPS, 3DR GPS shield, and the R3D go pro clip.

If it wasn't for the fact that I already own a Hero 5, would have to buy another Hero 4 Black and spend another $200 on upgrades, I'd probably just buy a new Solo. Not to mention, I've been looking for a gimbal to use on my motorcycle.

With all that being said, I'll give the Karma a shot. I honestly don't think that it's as good a drone as the Solo but it comes with everything right out of the gate for $720 with a 2nd battery (I got Wal-Mart to knock off 10%). With their 90 day return policy, I'll have plenty of time to change my mind if I want. They also sell a 3 year replacement warranty for about $50 that I might add.

My vision is using the grip on my bike to ride to the beach, popping the gimbal in the drone for aerial shots, maybe walking around with the grip, then remounting it on my bike for the trip home! We'll see.

Once I'm sure that I'll keep the Karma, I'll start a thread selling props (2 sets MAs, 4 stock), batteries (2 with approx 10 flights ea), shields (3...long story), back packs (I have 2), Hero 4 accessories (batteries, charger, housings,etc), controller (with extended battery), new gimbal, spare solo parts (legs, etc), 2 battery chargers, 3DR Tablet Sun Shield, 3DR Phone Sun Shield, etc.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo