Best Buy Canada

Reaction score
The 3DR solo display along with all Solo and accesories was removed from our Best Buy. When asked, sales guy said we are no longer a distributor for 3DR. Wtf

Reactions: Rex Barlow
The 3DR solo display along with all Solo and accesories was removed from our Best Buy. When asked, sales guy said we are no longer a distributor for 3DR. Wtf
Personally, I think you are witnessing the beginning of the end of the "consumer/hobby" Solo.:(

I would hate to think you mean literally "the end" of the consumer/hobby market. I can't believe they would just drop the buyers who got them where they are. That would be really sad.

Where are they? They aren't any further ahead financially than before the great arrival of their savior Byrd Solo. You'll have some people here still defending 3DR's credibility. But anyone with half a brain can tell where it's been heading for the last 8 months. As far as I'm concerned, they [EXPLETIVE DELETED] the hobbiest in the butt for a unit that barely made a year. Can't even buy parts for them anymore and anything as far as mods go, they're developed and produced by third party people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would hate to think you mean literally "the end" of the consumer/hobby market. I can't believe they would just drop the buyers who got them where they are. That would be really sad.
I mean that SAD for Canada Solo owner where can they buy prop or others they need for their solo or where can they (who) want to buy Solo drone in Canada.

I mean that SAD for Canada Solo owner where can they buy prop or others they need for their solo or where can they (who) want to buy Solo drone in Canada.
I believe Staples is still hanging on. Who the hell would buy a Solo now anyway.

Where are they? ........Can't even buy parts for them anymore and anything as far as mods go, they're developed and produced by third party people.

Where did you get the impression you can't buy parts? They are all over the Internet. Henry's sells them in Canada, someone said Staples.

You know Lance, life isn't over because a retailer with less than 100 outlets stops carrying a product. A huge number of developments came out of NAB, and the interest by 3rd party developers is great news for our quads. You don't see that for any other competitor.

Now stop wining

Where did you get the impression you can't buy parts? They are all over the Internet. Henry's sells them in Canada, someone said Staples.

You know Lance, life isn't over because a retailer with less than 100 outlets stops carrying a product. A huge number of developments came out of NAB, and the interest by 3rd party developers is great news for our quads. You don't see that for any other competitor.

Now stop wining
Wake up....Do you live under a rock or just in denial thinking 3DR is going to do what they promised over a year ago now. Its well known theyre going out of the consumer sales. Try buying parts. I just had to replace the motor control harness and can't buy it from 3DR. Ended up having to make one. You can get motor pods and a couple crappy accessories but that's it. Come back in a couple months and apologize for mouthing me off

Lance,

3DR Solo Drone Quadcopter SA11A (No Gimbal) B&H Photo

That's all the parts that 3DR make, and they all appear to be in stock.

You only crawl out from under your rock wHen you want to bash 3DR, or another member of the forum.

I wish I could care for your problems, but your unpleasant attitude has made that impossible. I can confirm there is no way on earth I would apologize to you. Not for anything.

Sell your Solo. Buy a Phantom 4, or a 3 or a,bebop for all I care..

Find a new place to complain.

Lance,

3DR Solo Drone Quadcopter SA11A (No Gimbal) B&H Photo

That's all the parts that 3DR make, and they all appear to be in stock.

You only crawl out from under your rock wHen you want to bash 3DR, or another member of the forum.

I wish I could care for your problems, but your unpleasant attitude has made that impossible. I can confirm there is no way on earth I would apologize to you. Not for anything.

Sell your Solo. Buy a Phantom 4, or a 3 or a,bebop for all I care..

Find a new place to complain.
And that link you sent me shows nothing. Exactly my point

Wake up....Do you live under a rock or just in denial thinking 3DR is going to do what they promised over a year ago now. Its well known theyre going out of the consumer sales. Try buying parts. I just had to replace the motor control harness and can't buy it from 3DR. Ended up having to make one. You can get motor pods and a couple crappy accessories but that's it. Come back in a couple months and apologize for mouthing me off
3DR never produced a motor control harness- it would be nice if they or somebody did. You can't fault them for not having something they never had.

As far as the future of 3DR goes.. ??

I believe that's what happened to the Iris. No more parts- don't know about support.

Don't get me wrong- I love my Solo and hope they continue to update and support it. It just looks a little dicey right now.

As for parts. If you type in 3DR Solo in B&H's web site. The select any of the Solos , and look in the list of accessories, you will find all the replacement parts for sale, less than 3DR sells them, all in stock. It's that easy to find. I believe the same for Addorama, and most of the large drone dealers.

Support is still reviewing logs that we send, and using chat.

If everyone who is panicking feels more comfortable doing that, then please, please make yourself happy.

I just spent a few hours trying to track down some props for my solo.

Had to go to 3 different Best Buys.

The first 2 said they had them on location from the website.

This thread makes sense.

same sales guy that think the tripods sold in the camera section are good quality?

first i wouldn't believe a word out of a best buy employees mouth because frankly, they are poorly trained and wouldn't know a dyson from an lg washing machine. secondly, unless they are a manager or a regional manager, they know nothing about the status of the endcaps or promo displays. all they do is put up or take down what they are told.

second, i have 19 best buys near me (all within 1 hour driving). out of the 19, 6 have solo, gimbal, batteries, props, gimbal, bag in stock as of 4/27. and the rest of them have a mix of gimbal, props, batteries and bags. and at least 3 still have kiosks.

sigh...you can continue to purchase solo, accessories and/or parts from 3dr, amazon, b&h, adorama, henrys, great hobbies, etc.

Reactions: cameraguy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44