Best Buy Canada

It's unfortunate that misinformation causes this sort of reaction. "f**k'd in the butt?" Really?

Here's an explanation that might help. Best Buy was being fulfilled by a particular company in Canada. That company was acquired by Wynit Distribution late last year. They also acquired the former company's distribution warehouse in Mississauga, Ontario. BestBuy is not part of that distribution agreement. Believe it or not, every distributor out there doesn't clamor for retail space at BB. They do more harm than good in many situations. It's actually foolish for BB (or other box retailer) to be involved in UAS sales. The return and time expense is beyond their "sell it and forget it" model.

Henry's, Vistek, Drones Plus in Ontario distribute 3DR, amongst other channels. BB was not doing 3DR nor DJI any favors, and that's why we're seeing a narrowing of the funnel.
Even managers, regional managers don't know squat about the distro chain; this comes from on-high. Frank said it well. BB is aimed at the marginal consumer, the impulse buyer, and tech-morons. Not a place where I'd ever buy a piece of technical equipment. Ask em' sometime if a Monster HDMI cable gives a better picture than a RocketLab cable (their house brand). The answer will make any intelligent person howl with laughter.

The really sad part is Solo has the best flight control system available. I'm looking at the Yuneec H; it's like going back to training wheels on a bike. And I even pre-ordered one!

My local Best Buy has stock of the Solo and the Solo with Gimbal. It's been in their flyers the past 2 weeks along with the Phantom and the Yuneec and the beepop, but the only one you can buy in store is the Solo.

I don't think it's going anywhere soon.

Could we turn down the panic to its regular level of crazy now?

Reactions: aratson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44