Best After Market Solo Antenna

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Have a new Solo with all the kit in Australia. Love it. Now we have some amazing coastlines and water areas, and I'm desperately searching for the best long-range antenna to plug into my Solo.

I don't need a 4mile setup.

But I'd like something robust, easy to plug in and still extends distance. I've seen some pretty cool paddle looking range extenders that look like a direct plugin.

But would love some links/comments on what everyone is using! :)

Many thanks!

Welcome to the forum. A lot of us (myself included) are real happy with the Solo antennas from FPVLR. Tony has done a great job making these, and they are simply a direct plug in. I have had my Solo out a little over a mile with 2 bars left on the signal strength. You can check out what everyone on here says about them by using the search box, or you can look them up at www.fpvlr.com Good luck, and safe flying.

Reactions: J.Carlos.D.
I use the ITE-DBS02 from DBS Mods. I also mount it with mounting plate from Relish3d.
DBS Mounting Adapter for Solo
I only fly line of sight but have not had a single signal interruption.
When I used the original whip antennas, I would occasionally lose the signal and the Solo would RTH.
They seem to work.

I have also been doing lots of research for what is the best option. From all my reading and watching youtube so far the best solution for the price is FPVLR and the only place who has them here in Oz is:

FPVLR Solo v2 Long Range Kit 10.5dBi

You could grab them from Amazon for USD$129 but once you pay shipping and wait ages for them to arrive with the current exchange rate they work out to be roughly AUD$200.

EDIT: I just ordered mine now from Go Outdoors Australia. Will let you know what their shipping time is like and how well they perform with Solo.

Last edited:
I have also been doing lots of research for what is the best option. From all my reading and watching youtube so far the best solution for the price is FPVLR and the only place who has them here in Oz is:

FPVLR Solo v2 Long Range Kit 10.5dBi

You could grab them from Amazon for USD$129 but once you pay shipping and wait ages for them to arrive with the current exchange rate they work out to be roughly AUD$200.

EDIT: I just ordered mine now from Go Outdoors Australia. Will let you know what their shipping time is like and how well they perform with Solo.

Cool, just ordered mine from there before I saw your reply!! looking forward to testing them.

To everyone using aftermarket antennas, they should be used to strengthen your connection to Solo in busy wifi areas and not for long distance flying.

I don't want to be the fun police but just remember FAA, CAA & CASA rules state that Solo must remain in full line of sight at all times.

Don't be that guy we see on the news who ruined it for everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've switched over to the ALFA directional antennas that everyone here was talking about. $10 on Amazon, same day delivery for $9 (not delivered by drone).

pretty good, definitely better range than stock.

you just need to make sure you point them at Solo when it is far away.

OH, the swivel joint breaks almost instantly, had to mod with duct tape!!!!

Can you explain your setup? How is it compared to stock?
Go further and don't worry about disconnected less than 1 mile. Where lots of noise or too many wifi around. More feel trust ! I did my dare/brave 4.5 miles one way and very thin1 bar left. (Never again cuz of battery dying. It made it home with 0% about 450 feet left to home base! Use RTH mode Whew. Total for round trip was about 9 miles

My set is very simple, use female to female, something to hold the units prevent broke and the rod to hold when it is on surface. I learned the cable will lost some dBi

Last edited:
Reactions: J.Carlos.D.
Cool, just ordered mine from there before I saw your reply!! looking forward to testing them.

also ordered FPVLR from Go Outdoors (still waiting for it), but I've also ordered Frsky 5dB which is omnidirectional and fits in the backback mounted on the controller, I couldn't get one in Australia so I ordered from UK :
Frsky 2.4ghz 5dB Antenna
(£ 5.- for 2 antennas + £ 10 shipping to OZ)

Looked at the second link, on the page it says:
~~These amplifier products are available only for export, military, licensed amateur radio and OEM component sales and are not offered for general sale within the USA.
I have no problem buy. at first I thought but I tried and bought without any problem

The first one you link to is a dual band antenna 2.4 and 5.8 Solo only uses 2.4 WiFi, so the second is what you are looking for. The 1dB difference on 2.4GHz is not much in terms of distance.

gotcha
it doesn't fit in the backpack without removing it each time from the controller?

gotcha
it doesn't fit in the backpack without removing it each time from the controller?
yes, I use the case from RC helicopter so I wont have to remove the boosters etc... Picture 1 (2).jpg

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 71
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 75
When flying in/over and around trees is there a clear advantage with either the DBS or FPVLR?
Much of my flying is up and over forested land.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc