Barely saved from the drink

Reaction score
SO yesterday I had the closest call from going into the lake nearby. I've recently started using the Pano smartshot. Learning the best settings for overlap and best stitching software. The shot finished and I was positioning for another shot and I noticed the screen freeze. So I was bringing it home and I got to a point about 5 ft or so above ground, and it just dropped. No Power.

I came home did some searching, hard resets, inspected, took it outside for a test flight. It was at about 20ft up and I switched from loiter to stabilize, and it dropped from the sky, bounced and flipped. It is now grounded. (OK I think this was just dumba** pilot error, but does not explain initial fall from sky)

I've downloaded and installed Mission planner but can't figure out how to use the diagnostic aspect of it to see if I have a power issue of some sort, GoPro interference, or a bad pod. If anyone could maybe give some pointers. It would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Not sure if MP will tell you the exact cause of a power failure, maybe the type of failure. Others familiar with MP will know...

If a "no power" situation did occur, typically it is the battery seeing a fault on the system, protection kicks in and the power is shut off. Seems you have a shorting type fault or a heat/time related failure...since you were able to fly after the first crash.

Personally, I'd strip the bird down completely and start checking wires and soldered/connector terminations. Solo has not had a true common fault issue, so no telling were the problem lies. Look for any residue of magic smoke. But yes, motor pods are directly connected to the battery, the battery is the protection device.

Crashes seem to bring out the worst in Solo and then people tend to forget to mention previous crashes when trouble shooting a failure. Meaning, most "common faults" seen tends to be a case of common omission.

Sorry to hear of your crash. Solo is a sturdy bird, it can be repaired and fly again.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm definitely going to be stripping it down. I learned that lesson after the first few times I flew and had an "incident". ?

This is definitely a reminder to pick up the battery tool.

will it power up using another battery ?
if you can download the log, I can surely analyze it for you.

will it power up using another battery ?
if you can download the log, I can surely analyze it for you.
Yah.... I actually did download it and tried myself, but that would be an immense help, as I want to learn to analyze myself.

The site isn't allowing the .log file. Says not allowed ext.??

you have disabled throttle failsafe, and , due to some error, the RCIN.ch3 went to no throttle (might have been the controller reboot you saw)
if you had throttle failsafe configured, everything would be fine (few seconds with RTH)

It's that something in Solex that maybe I did without knowing? Not sure how or where I would have done that.

And thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc