B&H and 3dr

I'd bet this launch does have an effect on a few of the retail partners reputations...

I doubt it. Although the whole Solo/gimbal drama as it's being played out is of big concern to most here (myself included!) surely it's a very miniscule portion of B&H's overall stats.

Whenever anyone bashes B&H on a forum typically dozens of it's defenders jump in to relate their positive experiences. Myself included as I've spent tens of thousands of dollars at B&H for companies over the years and spent more hours than I care to remember browsing around their NYC showroom. Aside from the very rare surly salesperson, I've nothing but good things to say about their operation.

If you've never been to their NY store and have the opportunity to go-- it's definitely a "must see".

Reactions: Adimuzio513 and Del
Haven't been to NYC for some years but will definitley stop in next time I'm in town. I hope your right and with B&H it probably won't affect much I've also seen a lot of great reviews for them, I wonder if it's the same for some of their other retail partners though. Hope not since it's not their problems that caused the delay but a lot of people are either instantly happy or not and don't bother to look at or into the big picture before deciding. Doubt it'll affect them much though most of this delays being blown up here in the forums and others don't even know about it or will forget quickly if they do.

Reactions: RichWest
Wish they'd give some sort of info on Best Buys schedule but since I ordered last week with 3dr at least I'll have one in September than worst case.

Just got off the phone with then and new update is Sept 24th

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I totally agree not B&H's fault a great company I just got off the phone with B&H I placed my order for the 3dr solo bundle on July 7th I received solo w/controller within 3 days, got extra battery and props Aug 18th was told the Gimbals are held up in customs NO Time frame on release and the case could take 1-2 weeks

Wait. The word last week was that the gimbals cleared customs. Now you're being told they're still held in customs?

Hopefully the person you spoke to today is wrong. That would REALLY suck.
they were probably just looking at the info on their screen and the last info they had was customs.

they were probably just looking at the info on their screen and the last info they had was customs.

Calling them just now I was told "they're hoping for September 11". Well shoot-- I was "hoping" for August 30 too! :(

Again, can't get too upset at the B&H guys as all they can do is read what comes up on their computer screen. Perhaps the folks at B&H who are reporting a much later shipment date are just tired of fielding calls from customers like myself and just threw out a date further out in the future hoping that I'd stop calling. :)

Reactions: prowler9
Just did my weekly update to B&H... I feel naive.. But I'm a hopeless optimist anyway. Maybe this is the magic week?:

You have been connected to Graham N.
EWM AMIN: Order #: 103476#### - Gimbal status
Graham N: Hello EWM AMIN. My name is Graham and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
EWM AMIN: Hi Graham, I hope all is well sir
EWM AMIN: Just wanted an ETA this week for my gimbal :)
Graham N: The gimbals are shipping from 3DR and should be arriving this week, they were just delayed yesterday from the Labor day holiday. Once they arrive here they will be shipped out to fulfill the pre-orders and you will be sent a tracking e-mail so you can see the progress of the package.
EWM AMIN: awesome... will this include my pre-order?
Graham N: Yes it should, our Purchasing Department orders enough units to cover the amount of pre-orders and a few more to then have available for standard purchase.
EWM AMIN: awesome Graham, you may have made my week
EWM AMIN: thank you very much for the update!

(For the record, I pre-ordered in June)

And someone on the FB group got an email from B&H that the gimbals could arrive as early as today.

I didn't order from B&H but i'm using them as a gauge for retailers getting stock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M