B&H and 3dr

Reaction score
I just wanted to clarify something that I think should be obvious to everyone but maybe is not. B&H is a great company. I have purchased many, many items from them. The Solo is the first item EVER that I have had a problem with the order. So please don't blame them for 3dr's continuing screw ups. B&H is in the same boat as the rest of us. They were promised a product on multiple dates which have come and gone. And they don't seem to be getting any more reliable infomationot from 3dr than the estimate of us. So don't blame them for the delays or the sequence that 3dr has chosen to fulfill orders. If the Solo was your first B&H order, please don't write them off because of the Solo fiasco. For me they have always been a great company and have had amazing customer service. The Solo has been the only problem order. I just felt it was necescary to point this out. It would be terrible if their reputation suffered in any way because of 3dr's incompetent product launch.

I'd bet this launch does have an effect on a few of the retail partners reputations, not so much with folks here but those that don't follow the forums and just know they're not getting the things they paid for. Good idea mentioning this I had to cancel with adorama since best buy got solo before they even had any info. They were great about this and everything else I've asked of them.

If anyone is holding a grudge against B&H, then they are grossly mistaken. I've spent thousands with B&H over the last 10+ years, they are the best in all regards. Hopefully 3DR can make amends to B&H and its customers...free battery comes to mind...

It's all about who gets gimbal inventory first for me. I'd buy B&H if delivery was a known fact. Tax savings alone would provide another battery.

Reactions: z3r01 and prowler9
I am not expecting anything for free but to be so generic with shipping dates is a little upsetting. Last time I spoke with them they had no idea at all (2 days ago). He would just say they get their first shipment on Monday and no way to tell what "batch" I will be on.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Fair answer for what he has little control over....hopefully you'll be in group one.
Yeah I agree for sure.

I work for operations for a retail store and the shipments that come in I at least have some what an idea what's coming.

On the contrary,
3DR & B&H works very well together from my experience.
Both companies understands the other in there own potential fields & try to build a good relationship to future expand each others financial interest.
3DR & BestBuy, not going to be anything, but headaches for both.

My personal opinion of course,.
I'm like you, Not speaking for the ALL of 3DRpilots, you just talking about your OWN personal experiences with 3DR right?

For me this is my first order with B&H and so far they have always answered my questions (phone & chat) the best they can. As for 3DR I mainly went with them was due to the customer service they provide. My company strives for customer service so I completely understand the reason they try so hard to help.

I am not upset with either company.

I just wanted to clarify something that I think should be obvious to everyone but maybe is not. B&H is a great company. I have purchased many, many items from them. The Solo is the first item EVER that I have had a problem with the order. So please don't blame them for 3dr's continuing screw ups. B&H is in the same boat as the rest of us. They were promised a product on multiple dates which have come and gone. And they don't seem to be getting any more reliable infomationot from 3dr than the estimate of us. So don't blame them for the delays or the sequence that 3dr has chosen to fulfill orders. If the Solo was your first B&H order, please don't write them off because of the Solo fiasco. For me they have always been a great company and have had amazing customer service. The Solo has been the only problem order. I just felt it was necescary to point this out. It would be terrible if their reputation suffered in any way because of 3dr's incompetent product launch.
I totally agree. I've purchased lots of camera equipment from them and they've been outstanding. Great company.

i ordered from bh before....fast and reliable...with the exception of 3dr

Ditto, no complains about B&H - been a customer for years and have had nothing but excellent service. However, I pre-ordered back in late May, and with news of the gimbal's imminent release, I contacted them to get a sense of where I was in line, and was told that it was not possible to tell me that information. Really? They have to have the most sophisticated ordering system on the planet given the volume of product they move - and telling me how many customers were ahead of me is not possible? Hmmmm

Reactions: prowler9
In all honesty, not having the sales/cs people with access to the order cue maybe a means to protect those in line. CS if given the access may change the order of things to satisfy one and delay ten others...

In all honesty, not having the sales/cs people with access to the order cue maybe a means to protect those in line. CS if given the access may change the order of things to satisfy one and delay ten others...
Protect people in line? We are not asking for names or address but a number of where we stand.

Ditto, no complains about B&H - been a customer for years and have had nothing but excellent service. However, I pre-ordered back in late May, and with news of the gimbal's imminent release, I contacted them to get a sense of where I was in line, and was told that it was not possible to tell me that information. Really? They have to have the most sophisticated ordering system on the planet given the volume of product they move - and telling me how many customers were ahead of me is not possible? Hmmmm
Honestly, I think the reason they are no longer committing to any dates is because they no longer believe anything that 3dr tells them and don't want to be held to yet another missed delivery promise. They probably feel like it's safer to just tell everyone "end of September" and if they by chance get them sooner then it's a bonus. But they are probably already dreading the possibility having to tell all of us "maybe late October"

Fact: Ordered My system 7/14, Asked when will the they ship me the gimbal
They told me between 8/17 to 9/1 they should have shipments to warehouse, then ship out to customers. So they knew back in mid July what we all know now. Psychic told them? nope.

Back in 2000 just before companies like BH and Adorama became big online shops, they used to do mini catalogs in the backs of photography magazines. I took an issue of Popular Photography Magazine to the local Wolf Camera guy showing him the BH price hoping he would price match me for a lens.

Dude said that they can't price match those vendors because they aren't reliable and if I order from them, they'll screw me over. Here we are today and Wolf Camera is gone, while Adorama/BH both have a huge presence, not to mention their customer service (in my experience) is top notch.

Too bad brick/mortar businesses can't follow online models. :(

Reactions: Michael Stevenson
I have had great service from B&H over the years with all kinds of photographic equipment. I live in Canada and they still manage to get their shipments to me as fast as ordering within Canada. I just ordered the backpack on Sunday and it was delivered to my door by Thursday...that is tough to beat!

I have had great service from B&H over the years with all kinds of photographic equipment. I live in Canada and they still manage to get their shipments to me as fast as ordering within Canada. I just ordered the backpack on Sunday and it was delivered to my door by Thursday...that is tough to beat!
I also live in Canada..and got my backpack from B&H in a couple days...I thought that was fast..and good Communication over emails with info and tracking numbers.!! Then I ordered a smart battery and extra Prop a couple days later from them and got the same great service..the Smart battery and the Props was also at my door step in about 2 Days..I couldn't believe the service I was getting ...I just didint want to stop ordering stuff.. Lol

Fly Smart
Fly Safe
Fly 3DR Eh!

I also live in Canada..and got my backpack from B&H in a couple days...I thought that was fast..and good Communication over emails with info and tracking numbers.!! Then I ordered a smart battery and extra Prop a couple days later from them and got the same great service..the Smart battery and the Props was also at my door step in about 2 Days..I couldn't believe the service I was getting ...I just didint want to stop ordering stuff.. Lol

Fly Smart
Fly Safe
Fly 3DR Eh!
Beauty way to go, hoser. Cheers.

Reactions: Del
I see that 3DR's website is now saying if you order the gimbal today your order will ship in 2-3 weeks. If I remember right it said 4-6 before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M