augered it in this afternoon.

Reaction score
Was landing and it stood up on two legs rolled over in its back, and continued to run. "A-B" combination didn't shut it down at first. I had to hit pause and then fly, after that the "A-B" combination shut it down. I lost one prop blade, one prop hub was loose, the other two prop hubs were beat up a little, and the blades had scratches. All four blades will be tossed out. Before removing the blades all four motors turned well. While taking the props off engine pod 4 must have had a little dirt fall between the housing and motor, It turned rough for a turn or so and the dirt seemed to flow through. I started the motors without the props on and tested, didn't notice any bearing noise. I am tempted to re-lubricated the bearings (What is good lub for this?) or replace the bearings (where do I get?) I sent in a crash report. Anyone think of something I may be missing?

It might be easier when catching (if you have to) to use the throttle control stick. Pull down all the way and to the left to kill motors. Easier with one hand than pressing 3 buttons at the same time.

so far, I always take off/arm with left stick down right...and land/disarm left stick down left....seems to be the best way

Reactions: EyeWingsuit
just down for me that left and right thing is for pixhawk
solo does not require it

just down for me that left and right thing is for pixhawk
solo does not require it
BUT still work for Solo. 'Down-right' will activate the motors like the FLY button, and 'down-left' will kill them on landing.

but if you did that and your sticks were out of calibration you are going to flip the solo

I have always armed dwn rt and killed by dwn left. Works with Solo fine and is left over muscle memory from earlier PH and APM builds. Not likely to flip in any situation, since in Mode2 that is just throttle down and yaw control. Just my opinion, YMMV..

Was landing and it stood up on two legs rolled over in its back, and continued to run. "A-B" combination didn't shut it down at first. I had to hit pause and then fly, after that the "A-B" combination shut it down. I lost one prop blade, one prop hub was loose, the other two prop hubs were beat up a little, and the blades had scratches. All four blades will be tossed out. Before removing the blades all four motors turned well. While taking the props off engine pod 4 must have had a little dirt fall between the housing and motor, It turned rough for a turn or so and the dirt seemed to flow through. I started the motors without the props on and tested, didn't notice any bearing noise. I am tempted to re-lubricated the bearings (What is good lub for this?) or replace the bearings (where do I get?) I sent in a crash report. Anyone think of something I may be missing?
I don't think oiling the bearings is a good idea. Oil attracts dirt and keeps it. Solo's are not some internal combustion engine driven things.

I don't think oiling the bearings is a good idea. Oil attracts dirt and keeps it. Solo's are not some internal combustion engine driven things.
All RC motor bearings require periodic lubrication with a light lubricant such as Triflow. Running them dry will lead to early failure.

Keeping Solo and its motors clean are part of routine maintenance. Solo is a sophisticated, high-performance, precision flying machine- not a farm tractor.

All RC motor bearings require periodic lubrication with a light lubricant such as Triflow. Running them dry will lead to early failure.

Keeping Solo and its motors clean are part of routine maintenance. Solo is a sophisticated, high-performance, precision flying machine- not a farm tractor.

Bahaha, "Not a farm tractor". You crack me up Maddog! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maddog
do you have to take the motors out of solo to oil the motors?

I order some of the oil, a while back, but I am yet to oil my motors, because one of the techs that work at one of the major hobby stores here in indianapolis, (Castleton mall)
told me that to oil the motors, because it would cause dirt to build up on the motors.

I am kind of confuse...on what to do? a little?

I am kind of, wanting to see what kind of feed back I get from you guys...

the tech said that the only reason to oil the motors, if I got my solo in contact with water...mmmm...(like I am going) to be flying in the rain...

I looked a the video on the forum, on how to lube motors, but I really wanted to just drop a few drops of oil on the motor bearing, if possible with removing the motors from solo, also, I did not want to drop any oil on the wiring...or will that matter?

You have to remove the motor pods to access both the top and bottom bearing.

Oiling my motors has not attracted dirt. If you keep out of dirt you won't attract it. Use common sense, don't take off from dirt if you need to do what I do and put down a large blanket and use really big rocks around the blanket to keep it in place. Same goes for sand.

Craig, just 2-3 drops to each bearing is all you need. Regular lubrication is required with all motors like these.
The top bearing is easy to reach from the top but the bottom bearing requires removal of the LED cover, at least. You can access the lower bearing, next to one of the LED's. (See pic)
image.jpeg
I like to remove the pod so I'm sure I got the lube where it needs to be. Oil on the wiring won't hurt the wire, but it may flow somewhere it shouldn't be, so be careful & neat.

An oiler like this or a syringe is a must:
image.jpg

Reactions: SurfnSkate81
I have never tried getting in via the LED. I'm like you @Maddog I'd prefer to remove the motor pod so I know I'm getting it in the right place and it gives me a chance to check that the ESC looks normal, and I can give everything a good clean down.

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ankita kumari