Attachment for full cage guard (even crash upside down).

Reaction score
Honestly I don't know why drones including the Solo don't have full landing protection for any angle, including if it crashed upside-down. Has this not been done? Any attachments anyone has seen?

There are the propeller guard attachments but these do no good if the Solo flips over and there is exposure from the top.

Weight of course could become an issue, but there are extremely lightweight materials for such things. It could get a solid attachment from the center of the body and branch out once it clears the propellers.

Honestly I don't know why drones including the Solo don't have full landing protection for any angle, including if it crashed upside-down. Has this not been done?

There are many TINY drones that are completely enclosed in a protective cage (HERE are some). So it's possible... at least for very lightweight drones.

There are many TINY drones that are completely enclosed in a protective cage (HERE are some). So it's possible... at least for very lightweight drones.

It wouldn't even have to be a cage, just a few extra legs that would keep a flipped-over drone from being an issue.

I flipped a Phantom 1 after playing with the ESC settings. I have never flipped my Solo or Phantom 4. If the four ESC modules are working properly I don't really see how you would flip the thing. Why would I want a cage? I would just have to keep taking it off to get it into the case.

It doesn't take much weight to start cutting into flight times, which the Solo has what I'd say is pretty close to be bare minimum as it is.

As for materials, extremely light weight usually means carbon fiber, which is also pretty brittle. To have sufficient structural integrity not to snap, it would have to be a pretty elaborate shape, which means more of it, which starts to add up in weight.

Maybe something light enough could be constructed to handle a flip on landing and not impact flight time too much, but for a crash from more than a few feet, I think it would be touch. These things are pretty dense objects, when they loose power or stability, they fall like a stone.

Just build it out of cold-rolled steel. Solo won't be able to take off, thus cannot crash- problem solved.:D

Next problem?o_O

You know what else keeps a flipped over drone from being an issue? Not being a crappy pilot. Never once in the last 3 years of drones I've bought or built have I ever said "Gosh I wish I had something to let me keep crashing over and over without breaking something."

Reactions: SARDG and FinniKris
Just make these stick out around your props.

:p

vaders-tie-fighter_8bcb92e1.jpeg

Reactions: mikeo and Maddog
I know the OP was sincere but the images that conjur in my brain of a fully protected solo make me giggle
Typically a very conservative flyer but have pushed the limits of solo and yes my own skills and crashed before. Once you know what you are doing solo is pretty dang hard to crash if you are careful

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo