Apparently GoPro control in a week

Sure...you have to give the execs a reason. That doesn't translate to them announcing to the general public that they'll be delayed.

Actually it does. Our customers our direct to consumer as well as business to business. For our business partners we provide a platform that they pay a licensing fee to use on a annual basis. To keep up with our competitors we implement feature enhancements and application improvements.

I collect business requirements and come up with a time frame of when I can have those features/hot fixes implemented into a staging environment where its tested (UAT) and then released to production if there are no issues.

If I'm going to miss a deadline (at it happens because things come out in development) we give our business partners a heads up so they don't look like liars to their customers.

I have learned a long time ago that its better to give bad news early. Not wait until a customer tells us we promised something and did not deliver when expected.... It's called communication and 3DR should try it.

Actually it does. Our customers our direct to consumer as well as business to business. For our business partners we provide a platform that they pay a licensing fee to use on a annual basis. To keep up with our competitors we implement feature enhancements and application improvements.

I collect business requirements and come up with a time frame of when I can have those features/hot fixes implemented into a staging environment where its tested (UAT) and then released to production if there are no issues.

If I'm going to miss a deadline (at it happens because things come out in development) we give our business partners a heads up so they don't look like liars to their customers.

I have learned a long time ago that its better to give bad news early. Not wait until a customer tells us we promised something and did not deliver when expected.... It's called communication and 3DR should try it.

Where did 3DR as an organization make an announcement of the control feature being available on XXX day? I'd like to see that for myself. At that point, I'll join the ranks of unhappy people.

they didn't, Vu Tran popped in on the face book and said about a week, over a week ago
no specific date was given

Anything yet? It is not a big deal though still can get amazing aerial footage as is

Where did 3DR as an organization make an announcement of the control feature being available on XXX day? I'd like to see that for myself. At that point, I'll join the ranks of unhappy people.

Back in October 3DR stated on their own blog that we would have the ability to change between modes (still and video). No mention of full Go Pro control but they even dropped the ball on that one feature.

If I were interested in doing some investigation work I'm pretty sure I could find Colin talking about a timeframe for GoPro Control.

It's unfortunate that some people still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.o_O

Maybe I'm jaded from a lifetime working with tech companies, but without a press release or official announcement, believing in commentary as fact is simply setting oneself up for disappointment.

When Colin was with DJI, he practically promised me the moon on for a project I was working with for NAB. Had I actually been stupid enough to have planned any aspect of my project around his specific statement from his mouth to my ear, I'd have had a lot of people at NAB very upset with me and DJI (and likely would have lost my contract).

Planning ANYTHING while betting on the come is just plain foolish, particularly if the company hasn't specifically announced an upgrade date complete with features. Even then...the check's in the mail and I'll still respect you in the morning...

It's unfortunate that some people still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.o_O

Maybe I'm jaded from a lifetime working with tech companies, but without a press release or official announcement, believing in commentary as fact is simply setting oneself up for disappointment.

When Colin was with DJI, he practically promised me the moon on for a project I was working with for NAB. Had I actually been stupid enough to have planned any aspect of my project around his specific statement from his mouth to my ear, I'd have had a lot of people at NAB very upset with me and DJI (and likely would have lost my contract).

Planning ANYTHING while betting on the come is just plain foolish, particularly if the company hasn't specifically announced an upgrade date complete with features. Even then...the check's in the mail and I'll still respect you in the morning...

I don't believe in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny but I do believe in communication and 3DR is lacking communication.

Its not that 3DR does not have a avenue for communication its just that they refuse to use it.

I don't believe in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny but I do believe in communication and 3DR is lacking communication.

Its not that 3DR does not have a avenue for communication its just that they refuse to use it.

If I correctly understand your position ...you're unhappy that 3DR didn't meet an unannounced, unspecified upgrade date with an unannounced upgrade feature, because they don't communicate well?

If I correctly understand your position ...you're unhappy that 3DR didn't meet an unannounced, unspecified upgrade date with an unannounced upgrade feature, because they don't communicate well?

Let me reply in a few different languages for you since I must be not communicating correctly.

Spanish - No comunicar a sus clientes.

German- Sie kommunizieren nicht an Ihre Kunden.

French- Ils ne communiquent pas à leurs clients.

English- They do not communicate to their customers.

Now follow me on this just in case its still not clear. On October 15th on 3DR's site they stated the following:

We’re also rolling out more GoPro control features. You’ve been able to start and stop recording on the GoPro already. (Pro-tip: In addition to start/stop record from the, clicking in the pitch paddle on the controller starts and stops GoPro control.) In the middle of this month, we will also roll out mode-switching: This will allow you to switch from video to photo mode during flight straight from the app.

Is this feature available yet?

And there is the "date" I asked for. "Middle of this month" isn't a date, but it does indicate a time-frame. In looking for that "date," it wasn't easily found. I now more clearly understand your upset. Please accept my apology for having not found the post.
However, I maintain that anyone demanding a feature because "I need it for a shoot this weekend" as indicated in a previous post, is simply foolish.

And there is the "date" I asked for. "Middle of this month" isn't a date, but it does indicate a time-frame. In looking for that "date," it wasn't easily found. I now more clearly understand your upset. Please accept my apology for having not found the post.
However, I maintain that anyone demanding a feature because "I need it for a shoot this weekend" as indicated in a previous post, is simply foolish.

No worries, I believe I saw the post from one of the many emails from Colin Guinn I get in my email box. I don't need my Solo for jobs but if I did I have a backup in my possession which is a P3P.

Now, how much you wanna bet 3DR releases some additional GoPro control late next week. o_O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44