App stuck on Software Update "Checking..." screen

Reaction score
I have always had good luck with Solo updates but hit my first snag today. My iPhone app is upgraded to 2.4, and it download new firmware right away. And on Solo app home screen it says "Connected Vehicle" in upper left hand side of screen but when I open the System Info screen it reports Controller and Controller firmware version number but not the report the version of Solo, Autopilot or Gimbal. When I select Software Update I just get stuck on the "Checking..." screen. I have tried rebooting everything and even reinstalled the iPhone app and redownloaded the new firmware. What do I try next?

Also worth noting. Prior to attempting this upgrade, I had setup Python drone kit env on the Solo. I am worried following the steps in the develop manual to setup python and drone kit has interfered with it's ability to upgrade. But it's not clear to me how reset the configuration to get me out of this mess.

Can the controller still connect to Solo and can you arm the copter (hit FLY)?
If yes, then I would try the 2.4 update with an Android device running the 2.3 app.
If this still doesn't work, you have to go through a factory reset to clear the Dronekit stuff I assume.

Can the controller still connect to Solo and can you arm the copter (hit FLY)?
If yes, then I would try the 2.4 update with an Android device running the 2.3 app.
If this still doesn't work, you have to go through a factory reset to clear the Dronekit stuff I assume.
Yes the controller and the solo still are communicating as is the IOS app it still says "Vehicle Connected".

One other note. Sometimes in the Software Update screen of the app it will show Disconnected. Even though on the main screen it says "Vehicle Connected". But either way I cannot perform an upgrade.

I JUST ran into this problem and fixed it yesterday.
  1. Did you ever use an Android device prior to using the iPhone app? If so, try setting your wifi password to something shorter and see if it fixes it. I wanted to confirm this behavior but couldn't reproduce it.
  2. Contact support about it. However, if you're comfortable with resetting your Solo and re-pairing the controller then do just that. You'll need to upgrade to the latest firmware after this.

if you've performed development tasks in the solo dev guide its quite possible that the changes are stopping the update. if that is the culprit, you'll need to perform a factory reset.

Reactions: Tamj

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44