Anyone else thinking about returning Solo?

I actually love my Yuneec Q500. Slow as molasses on a cold winter morning, but I enjoy flying it and the videos are the smoothest and nicest pre-production videos I've ever seen. The Chroma would be nice because you can still use your GoPro.
As a side note. I just love this ignore button. It filters out all the trolls and phanboys allowing you to see some real content. My ignored members page is growing. Sorry...didn't mean to get off thread.

As a side note. I just love this ignore button. It filters out all the trolls and phanboys allowing you to see some real content. My ignored members page is growing. Sorry...didn't mean to get off thread.
Wait, you attached this to my post, does that mean you think I'm a troll or a phanboy??
JonW thinks I'm a troll, and has called me that over and over with impunity on this forum.
??

Wait, you attached this to my post, does that mean you think I'm a troll or a phanboy??
JonW thinks I'm a troll, and has called me that over and over with impunity on this forum.
??
Ah, look who just trolled out of bed

Raybro. The "ignore" and "follow" buttons are close together. I think you clicked the wrong one

I feel as tho everyone needs to stop crying. At this point the money you spent for your solo, under the bridge. It's done. I've been flying my bird getting great shots. Of course there not as stable as with a gimble. But I didn't throw a hissing fit and think of returning it. 3dr sent out an email stating the reason for delay. It you would have recieved a crappy, halve ass gimbal, you would have really been pissed. Trust me, I've purchased plenty of startup tech off of kickstarter, and went thru way worst issues than this... I pre-ordered my solo and gimbal (thru 3DR ) late in June 5th and received my gimbal August 28th. I have to admit, I grabbed my solo from best buy on June 26th. Anyway...... I do believe they should have just focused on primary orders from them.... Take care of the initial pre-orders with them... Then start the campaign with other retailers. Bottom line. Have patience.

Also..... The first day I got my gimbal, I took it out and crashed the drone and gimbal. Both were damaged. Sent a report. The next day they sent me an RMA and fedex label. 2 days from when they received it, they were sending them back. Now that's customer service!!!!! Try that with DJI or anyone else. #fly3dr #3drphilly

Where's the "ignore" button. Geez, I can't wait to ignore the few that literally have no life other than to try and irritate others.

I thought about it. But I also thought about having S... Never mind [emoji12]. I love my Solo and I got my gimbal yesterday. Well, it arrived at my residence, but I am 6000 miles away. [emoji25]

Reactions: Raybro
Well I hear all of you and yes it's ridiculous to have our hard earned $$ tied up for so long. My biggest gripe with the SOLO is you CANNOT USE IT FROM A BOAT OR ANY MOVING PLATFORM. It will not intialize. Their slick ads show boat shots but it has NO DYNAMIC HOME POINT. It must be still and level to calibrate for intializing. Manual mode requires this as well. A bit of false advertising! None of my DJI products have that issue. I was hoping that I had the best tools for the jobs we get and eventually to just have the SOLO do it all. Not the case right now.

??
No...we've been through this before haven't we? By no means no.......I was not logged in and could see some of the ignored members comments after yours. Made me want to say adios MoFo to them.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Well I hear all of you and yes it's ridiculous to have our hard earned $$ tied up for so long. My biggest gripe with the SOLO is you CANNOT USE IT FROM A BOAT OR ANY MOVING PLATFORM. It will not intialize. Their slick ads show boat shots but it has NO DYNAMIC HOME POINT. It must be still and level to calibrate for intializing. Manual mode requires this as well. A bit of false advertising! None of my DJI products have that issue. I was hoping that I had the best tools for the jobs we get and eventually to just have the SOLO do it all. Not the case right now.

If you see a Porsche in a commercial, pulling up to a really killer house, do you also feels it's kinda "false advertising" if they tell you the house is NOT included???

Btw, DJI had the same problem and a firmware update fixed that...

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I thought about it. But I also thought about having S... Never mind [emoji12]. I love my Solo and I got my gimbal yesterday. Well, it arrived at my residence, but I am 6000 miles away. [emoji25]
I could go secure it for you! o_O

That is supposed to be coming down the pipe. Ian[p13] mentioned that it was in work on the GitHub a few weeks ago.

You're supposed to do it like this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As much as I had hoped that Solo would be a game changer in the drone world and would be the perfect craft for my intended purposes, I am at the point where I am thinking about packing it all up and returning to B&H. Every 2 weeks for the last 2 months I have checked on the status of the gimbal, and every time it has been pushed back another 2 weeks. So here I am, 4 months after ordering, 2 months after having my solo delivered, and I'm still being told 3 weeks on the gimbal. And as cool and fun as Solo is to fly, it is still unusable for video without the gimbal. So I spent my money 4 months ago and still don't have the product that I need and paid for. It's just too much money to have tied up in something that is still incomplete. I would certainly consider re purchasing if and when 3DR gets their act together and can deliver a completed product. But that time is not now.

Thoughts anyone? Anyone else about to give up? Or are you all going to wait it out?

I'm on the fence.

I think there should be a "RANTS AND RAVES" section to give people that just want to vent a place to go or be put...... There seems to be a few who just want to complain, not get answers or help. Makes me wonder just what there motivation is or if they even own one. Basically just unhappy people I guess. Don't get mad at them, their whole life may be that way.... but lets find them a place to snivel together so we can keep the forums constructive.

Oh I forgot, I'll wait it out. Knew what I was doing when I ordered. I'm willing to take responsibility for it. Am disappointed I did not have it for a few events. Still hopeful I will have it in a few weeks for my next trip but not planing on it. I will plan things for it once its installed and working, but not before!

Omen Brotha, good things come to those that wait I got mine a week ago now and I couldn’t be happier!

Look I’ve owned just about every thing that DJI has ever made... starting with the first gen Phantom and still own some of them.

That said they are great machines but the Solo is just awesome, and the engineering is bar none!

Come on think about it; its modular design and forward thinking for expandability.... it’s the only form factor that makes sense. Best of all 3DR is the pioneer; and I’m very happy to own a piece of history!

There is a constant barrage against us all of the Drone world, by people and the FAA that are trying hard to make this hobby into a dystopia.

Also with the increase of morons flying illegally into commercial jetliner traffic patterns it’s a fight to keep the bad taste of negative press from your mouth, and just enjoy what we all apparently like to do!

Lets just stop wining; your either with the group or not because that is what a Forum is all about ,“Solidarity” not division and pity-parties; if you don’t like it sell your crap and get out so we can all get back to talking about and helping one another with this great hobby!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea