Android app thread... it's live in the playstore now!!

DBS

Reaction score
Hoping to get a thread going to talk about features functions and any problems with the android version of the Solo app...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.o3dr.solo.android

Like my first glitch... "your device is not compatible with this version" on my Galaxy Tab S 10.5...

But it loaded fine on my Note 3 so I'm good to fly in the next hour or 2... (4:30am here right now)

I'm rooted on all my android stuff so I'll try ripping the app from my Note 3 and sideloading it on the Tab S... and then see what the compatibility issues are... probably just sizing and rendering.. if that's the case I can force my tablet into a different dpi setting and fool the app into thinking it's on a phone.

Edit: here's the apk file for anyone who is getting the device compatibility error in the play store...

Solo_1.0.0_125.apk

Last edited:
My Tab S 8.4 LTE, 4.4.2, is not compatible? When will it be if ever?

My Tab S 8.4 LTE, 4.4.2, is not compatible? When will it be if ever?
I am sure it will. Might take a little time.

Just download the SDK in the link above. Transfer it to your tablet via USB cable and run it. It will do all the auto updates from there.

I have the Solo app installed on my Tab S with no issues.

Hi all, looking for the app on Google Play. It's not showing up? I see Tower, 3DR Services and others, but not the Solo app? I'm on Samsung Tab S. Any thoughts? Ok, now i found it via the link in this thread, but its saying not compatible with my device. rrmcabe - You say you're using the tab s too. Any help?

Last edited:
If you are browsing from your device you wont see it by default as I think it just shows compatible apps. If you go to the Playstore and login and search you will find it. But it will show that your device is not compatible. You will have to download the app sdk and manually install it.

If you are browsing from your device you won't see it by default as I think it just shows compatible apps. If you go to the Playstore and login and search you will find it. But it will show that your device is not compatible. You will have to download the app sdk and manually install it.
Thanks. I just got to figuring that out from your post. Trying now. Thank you.

I have just tried to update the Solo app to 2.0.1. It works fine from the play-store on my OLD Nexus 10 tablet - in fact I updated Solo and the Controller using the tablet with no problem.

The issue is, now my LG G3 phone is listed as incompatible, BOTH of my devices are running Lollipop 5.1.1 Android. Just what is up with this particular software update? Previous versions of Solo App prior to this one worked fine. The phone cannot even find the Solo App on the play-store, even though 3DR Services has been updated.

Where do you download the .apk from a trusted source, any links fella's? You have to check "update from unknown sources" before you can install the .apk.

Input appreciated.

Fly safe,

Cheers

If you are browsing from your device you wont see it by default as I think it just shows compatible apps. If you go to the Playstore and login and search you will find it. But it will show that your device is not compatible. You will have to download the app sdk and manually install it.

Being fairly computer literate, does anyone have a link to an 'official' Solo App .apk? I have third party links, but no official. See my post in this thread, LG G3 phone = no-go (incompatible, even though last release worked fine), an older Nexus 10 tablet = works, Solo and Controller updated. Both running Lollipop 5.1.1

Cheers

Still wanting to see a Windows 10 universal app version of Solo and Tower.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado