Android 2.4.0 to the Google Play Store

there is a team on this
lets see what they can do
PH2 will not start shipping until the 28th
Docs on how to marry it to an Edison are not out yet
though I hear the Edison will screw right to the carrier board.

Last edited:
Edison = Many new opportunities.

I'm still on 2.4 with my iPad. Never updated other device's "Android"

I just came back from testing Pano, Follow me, Follow me with orbit, Selfie, zip line & all performed correctly.
Need to view the video again for Selfie, just to make sure. I think it was a little off?

What i don't like is Ver. 4 update to my H4B!
too may changes that i don't like. Feed looks mushy, played with new features, Shutter confusing? ether images to bright or too dark! & doesn't turn on H4B. just not for me.

Just now reverted to previous update 3.0? Need to test H4B after downgrade, but it's seems back to normal "Comes on when i turn on Solo.
too hot outside!

I've run through all the smart shots as well. The only one that is still broken is Selfie, which has basically been broken for about a year now, so nothing "new" there. Rewind does nothing, but that's a firmware thing. The app still has all the controls for rewind settings, but they won't do anything.

Happy Labor Day to ya P2P
Selfie works good, All shot's worked good.
You on iOS? I am.
Saved Selfie video so you can see in 4K. It's should be ready by 7 PM. CST
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think ive noticed some smart shots nto automatically recording, anyone else experience that?

would have to test again through each shot. Very frustrating because it can be difficult to tell if orbit is recording or not.

Also, I was checking out the youtube from TBP on zipline elevation change...angled gimbal does not increase elevation.

My static elevation is not enabled but left side only does camera control..perhaps it's the shoulder paddle to adjust elevation like in follow free look?

What's frustrating about the instructions is that sometimes they're outdated/wrong and half of it is cut off in my android phone so I can't read the full text per slide.

Hi folks
I had the gopro update and just updated solo two days ago. Last night I tried out all the smart shots including selfie and they each appeared to be working properly.
You still have to manually turn on the camera before you take off and I understand that is the way it will stay. If you want to roll back to hVe that feature but lose the new festures and fixes I read elsewhere on this forum a notr for the roll back on the gopro.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

So can anyone confirm, on a fully updated Solo:

-All the smart shots work
-Firmware is stable (based on AC3.3 with EKF1 as opposed to EKF2)
-Rewind is disabled? Not disabled? Disabled only on Android? Works on iOS?

With all the varying changes during beta and between beta and official release, it's hard to know what's working and what's not.

And bonus points for anyone who can state whether it's possible to downgrade Solo to a previous firmware. I'm pre 2.4 now, so if I upgraded, could I ever get back if I run into problems?

I'm no stranger to command line interfaces, but that doesn't sound like fun at all!

If one were so inclined to do that, where might said one find the actual previous firmwares to flash? Sounds like it would take some handholding from people who might no longer work for 3DR?

With the discovery of a ReturnToMe bug, 2.4 is proving to be a real mess.

I believe you specify the fw version and it dl's it from the net just like you were doing an update.
Code:
solo flash (drone|controller|both) (latest|current|factory|<version>) [--clean]
"solo" Command Line Tool | 3DR Solo Development Guide

solo-cli/flash.py at master · 3drobotics/solo-cli · GitHub

I glanced at the code on github awhile back and it's making a remote call to their server using a token. I haven't actually used it though. Might be good to grab the fw in case it disappears from the server it's currently pulling it from ;)

Last edited:
i can review my recent selfies but i dont recall it tilting funny before acsending...i'll have to check
Android here

Any other experience auto-record not working for some smart shots like zipline and orbit or is it just me?

i can review my recent selfies but i dont recall it tilting funny before acsending...i'll have to check
Android here

Any other experience auto-record not working for some smart shots like zipline and orbit or is it just me?

my findings after a quick test yesterday.

my selfies work on android...unlike what others have experienced.

i can't change altitude in zipline even if the fixed altitude is disable din settings.

rewind doesnt work

return to me sends it in a complete off direction

my findings after a quick test yesterday.

my selfies work on android...unlike what others have experienced.

i can't change altitude in zipline even if the fixed altitude is disable din settings.

rewind doesnt work

return to me sends it in a complete off direction

Return to me (RTM) doesn't work right because of a bug in the app. It is not requesting the GPS location of the phone. It is using a rough triangulation location, and not even a current one. So RTM should NOT be used as it is a major safety issue.

Selfie has always been intermittent since basically day one over a year ago. Nobody really know what the conditions are that make it happy vs sad. So you found it worked in your set of circumstances. But tomorrow in some other configuration, it might not.

Rewind is now only engaged by holding down the pause button. It will rewind for the length you set in the app. The on/off setting in the app does nothing. And if you set it for zero meters, it will still rewind to some random distance. It is no longer a failsafe option like it was advertised as. Just a manually engaged option that has bugs.

Can't speak to the zipline thing. Haven't used it enough, and nobody else has reported that problem.

rewind doesn't work...once i held pause down and it beeped,then RTH
another time I held it and it did nothing

ive done selfies a few times since new FW...dont see any issues you've noted. My Hero4 on v4.0 also doesn't crop in during recording.

Reactions: jibcamera
rewind doesn't work...once i held pause down and it beeped,then RTH
another time I held it and it did nothing

ive done selfies a few times since new FW...dont see any issues you've noted. My Hero4 on v4.0 also doesn't crop in during recording.
The v4 GoPro cropping is only in 4K. It does it. Either you're not using 4K or you just didn't notice it's happening.

Reactions: jibcamera
The v4 GoPro cropping is only in 4K. It does it. Either you're not using 4K or you just didn't notice it's happening.

I'm using 4K
I would know if it's happening if i'm carefully looking for it...another members here also confirmed it's not a problem for htem in 4K....so no lies here man.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44