Amazon Prime Solo

They have Site Scan and upcoming developments like Sensors and the like. I guess the Site Scan is an expensive platform and people are using Tower to supplement the flight planning to get waypoints. But hopefully they have a great team up with Autodesk. ESRI will be a next partner, per what I've seen on their site.
Totally different than what their vision was, and what they were selling solo as 1.5 years ago when it came out and I bought. There wasn't even an enterprise at that time. What additional sensors can you purchase through 3dr? They have not come out with a single product (except fixes like the gps shield) for the original (expandable) solo. Solo was sold as a cinematographic platform. Now it's a mapping platform. All new products from 3dr will only be geared towards mapping, not what solo was built for. No optical flow, etc.

I didn't buy Solo for mapping. Cool to do, but not the reason I bought, and I bought because they specifically marketed it to cinematographers as that's what it was designed for. I could do just as good mapping with a $300 dumb drone without a gimbal. It just cares about pics of the ground.

Totally different than what their vision was, and what they were selling solo as 1.5 years ago when it came out and I bought. There wasn't even an enterprise at that time. What additional sensors can you purchase through 3dr? They have not come out with a single product (except fixes like the gps shield) for the original (expandable) solo. Solo was sold as a cinematographic platform. Now it's a mapping platform. All new products from 3dr will only be geared towards mapping, not what solo was built for. No optical flow, etc.

I didn't buy Solo for mapping. Cool to do, but not the reason I bought, and I bought because they specifically marketed it to cinematographers as that's what it was designed for. I could do just as good mapping with a $300 dumb drone without a gimbal. It just cares about pics of the ground.

I believe you... Not sure why they are heading that way maybe due to GIS demand or so... But hopefully they can satisfy all users whatever platform (mapping/Photography) they are using. I was inclined to buy the Phantom 4, but I'm thinking to do some development on SOLO... Good chat though, appreciate it!

Thank you... Hope there will be no glitch on having the gimbal pre-installed.

So far so good for me. The gimbal seems to be working perfectly for me! It was installed well and everything is tight as it should be.

Reactions: SKP
Great!!! Thanks man! Mine will arrive Thursday, will take a pix too! Post some video's too later on... Very nice. Legs are new color and extended version too. Only one battery correct?

Reactions: 1tom2go
Great!!! Thanks man! Mine will arrive Thursday, will take a pix too! Post some video's too later on... Very nice. Legs are new color and extended version too. Only one battery correct?

Yes, only one. I bought 2 more batteries. The legs are an add on from Relish3D and the fold down to fit into case. They worked great today on the first flight. I'll post more on that later.

Solo arrived as promised Wednesday afternoon. Hurray. Under a bit of a deluge in Houston this week. I'll let you know how things go as I learn and eventually fly. Thanks for your support.

Have you flown yet? I got my first flights in today and it was awesome! It did just as advertised. Easy to fly, easy to get control of, and took great video! I went through 3 batteries today.

I saw that too and bought one for a spare. I already have one but at this price I don't mind having a spare everything. My current case is a metal hard case that is a little hard to pack into the mountains and the backpack will come in handy. I'll let you know if it shows up before Thursday but that is when they guarantee it by. I bought the last one from amazon as well and it arrived on time so I fully expect this one to as well. I just wish the first one had been this cheap.

Order mine from Amazon last Monday for 599.00 and received it on Friday. I was surprise it came with the new GPS board. Before I noticed the new GPS board. I start the bird up after all the updates and it connect to 13 Sat in less the 30 second on my dining room table. Anyone else had the same luck?

Order mine from Amazon last Monday for 599.00 and received it on Friday. I was surprise it came with the new GPS board. Before I noticed the new GPS board. I start the bird up after all the updates and it connect to 13 Sat in less the 30 second on my dining room table. Anyone else had the same luck?

I put in the new shield on when I took this picture. Is it the new GPS? It took 37 seconds to get 10 satellites inside.

I put in the new shield on when I took this picture. Is it the new GPS? It took 37 seconds to get 10 satellites inside.
Black GPS boards are Rev B, green are Rev A. Look on the board in the lower left of your photo.

Reactions: 1tom2go
Hopefully all New Solos should be fitted with the RevB GPS!
I'd be guessing that the more recently manufactured Solos have the Rev B - but that doesn't mean that you'll get one of those if you order/buy a Solo today.

My 1st B&H Solo, Rev B. 2 weeks later, my 2nd B&H Solo, Rev A. Haven't checked my 3rd from Prime Day yet. It is what it is...

Reactions: Nick F

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M