Amazon Prime Solo

I'd be guessing that the more recently manufactured Solos have the Rev B - but that doesn't mean that you'll get one of those if you order/buy a Solo today.

My 1st B&H Solo, Rev B. 2 weeks later, my 2nd B&H Solo, Rev A. Haven't checked my 3rd from Prime Day yet. It is what it is...

I must cross my fingers then...
Luckily with 3DR Shield even Rev A works well... so it is not a real issue....

My first one also came with Rev A from BH. The newest one is coming from a different seller and I am hoping to get lucky with a B. I fly in the mountains and there tend to be peaks all around and then there are the trees to deal with. Once off the ground I don't have issues but it can take a while to get enough sats to take off in some locations.

I received my 2nd Solo yesterday. I will have to look for the revision. On my first solo i did the upgraded shield and it was worse than the copper shield. Then added the cardboard and much improvement. I am not sure what revision my first has either. They are addictive at $599 seem way under priced.

Reactions: 1tom2go
I received my 2nd Solo yesterday. I will have to look for the revision. On my first solo i did the upgraded shield and it was worse than the copper shield. Then added the cardboard and much improvement. I am not sure what revision my first has either. They are addictive at $599 seem way under priced.
If you remember the color of the GPS board, you know your Rev:
Black GPS boards are Rev B, green are Rev A.

Reactions: 1tom2go and ulflyer
The new one came today and it's a Rev B. Unfortunately it is also raining so I can't go see if I notice any difference between it and my first one yet. There were some minor packaging differences and the shape of the foam block for the gimbal is shaped slightly different and isn't as much trouble to remove and replace without trimming.

Last edited:
The new one came today and it's a Rev B. Unfortunately it is also raining so I can't go see if I notice any difference between it and my first one yet. There were some minor packaging differences and the shape of the foam block for the gimbal is shaped slightly different and isn't as much trouble to remove and replace without trimming.
Mine came in today from Amazon as well. Is there a way to check the rev without removing the top cover.

Reactions: 1tom2go
I only removed the little cover that sits in front of the battery. A thumbnail on the edge on each side and a good push gets it off(Solo front facing away). With that little cover off you can see the edge of the GPS board and tell if it is green or black. So you don't have to do any screws and the one cover just pops off pretty easily.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks