AMA changes its position on FAA Registration

Reaction score
AMA changes position on registration. - sUAS News

The only goodnesses out of all this (IMO)
-AMA members do not need to put a registration number on their UAV
"AMA has secured a concession from the FAA that allows AMA members to continue using their AMA numbers as the primary identification on his or her aircraft. AMA members are required to still have a hard copy or electronic copy of the federal registration certificate on them while flying."

-AMA members are still allowed to fly above 400'
"AMA members who abide by the AMA Safety Code, which permits flights above 400 feet, are still allowed to fly and are protected by the Special Rule for Model Aircraft under the 2012 FAA Modernization and Reform Act. The federal registration box requiring agreement to only fly under 400 feet applies to individuals who are not operating within the safety guidelines of a community-based organization. We have been in discussions with the FAA about this point and the agency has indicted that it will be updating its website in the next week to make clear that this altitude restriction does not apply to AMA members."

-One can still fly FPV and at night
"AMA members are still protected by the Special Rule for Model Aircraft, which is part of the 2012 FAA Modernization and Reform Act. As long as AMA members continue to follow AMA’s safety guidelines for these activities, they can continue to fly. The checkbox guidelines listed on the FAA UAS registration website do not apply to individuals who belong to a community-based organization such as the AMA."

Mr. Eye,

You are dead-on, It pays to have lobbyists in Washington. The "buck" doesn't stop anywhere, anymore. Pay your dues and we'll try to have your back. This is no longer a country about the rights of individuals, it's about whoever is getting paid. The days of innocent until proven guilty are gone, we're going to lock you up until you can prove your innocence is the new mantra. "We're not asking anyone to pay higher taxes, we're just asking you to pay your fair share". You're not asking me @hit, you're telling me if I don't pay what you want me to pay, you'll lock me up! Reality sucks!

Thanks for sharing and I am sorry that I took advantage of the opening you provided. I'm sure the new "troller" I've attracted will have something to say about my thoughts.

Respectfully,

Jerry

Reactions: Maddog
You pretty much nailed it, and sad part is. it will not stop the idiots from flying these unsafely, just punish the people who are

Reactions: J R

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela