alternative gimbal solo

Well, the way I look at it, it's better than damaging a EXPENSIVE 3dr gimbal from the repeated camera extraction to get data off of
the camera. I am thinking about getting another Git camera even though I have a GoPro.
I cut a notch in the clip that holds the GoPro so I can charge and retrieve files via USB no need to pull the Gopro from the gimbal but you do have to remove the HDMI connection (very gingerly I might add)...You can just get to the SD card also if need be..
IMG_20180616_124452.jpg
IMG_20180616_124328.jpg
IMG_20180616_124417.jpg

Reactions: EZL
I cut a notch in the clip that holds the GoPro so I can charge and retrieve files via USB no need to pull the Gopro from the gimbal but you do have to remove the HDMI connection (very gingerly I might add)...You can just get to the SD card also if need be..
View attachment 8914
View attachment 8912
View attachment 8913
I am assuming that you are talking about the clip on the left side of the camera with the camera facing you? If that is
what yo are talking about it is a nuisance with the GitUp cameras. I am still skeptical about plugging and unplugging
the HDMI connector on the camera and gimbal. Eventually, a fella will have electrical/mechanical problems with it
from repetitive use. I like the GitUp Git2 camera in place of the over-priced GoPro. :) I really doubt if I will ever
buy another GoPro camera.

I am assuming that you are talking about the clip on the left side of the camera with the camera facing you? If that is
what yo are talking about it is a nuisance with the GitUp cameras. I am still skeptical about plugging and unplugging
the HDMI connector on the camera and gimbal. Eventually, a fella will have electrical/mechanical problems with it
from repetitive use. I like the GitUp Git2 camera in place of the over-priced GoPro. :) I really doubt if I will ever

Have you seen a review on this? 3DR Solo LED Light Kit
I am contemplating on buying one of them and with Solex there should be a way to turn the Motor arm
LEDs off and run this instead. You should not lose quadcopter orientation with this setup! Again,
Drone Worship tested the setup at night on his Solo and it was real visible flying it at night. Fly the
drone near a city and the police departments will probably be flooded with UFO calls! :D

I am assuming that you are talking about the clip on the left side of the camera with the camera facing you?
The green clip holding the Gopro in place I notched it, I only unplug the HDMI cable when the SD card is Full and attach a USB cable and pull all the files and format the card while I'm at it, about once every month depending on how often I'm taking the Solo out for filming... so to pull the HDMI cable out once a month is not a big deal maybe it will last a year or two...

The green clip holding the Gopro in place I notched it, I only unplug the HDMI cable when the SD card is Full and attach a USB cable and pull all the files and format the card while I'm at it, about once every month depending on how often I'm taking the Solo out for filming... so to pull the HDMI cable out once a month is not a big deal maybe it will last a year or two...
My situation is different here since I need to get video/images off of the camera after each flight over a field for analyzing the crops or any
field damage from rain and poor drainage.

Why do you prefer the Git 2 over the Gitup G3?

Why do you prefer the Git 2 over the Gitup G3?
Have you tried the G3 in the 3dr Solo gimbal? I doubt that it would fit the stabilized gimbal since it is deeper,
has the HDMI port farther forward and the SD card slot location is on the opposite side of the camera versus
the Git1 and Git2 cameras. I don't have this camera so from what I have seen you might have problems
getting the Solo's HDMI connection made in the gimbal? There is no doubt that it is a better camera versus
it's predecessors. The menu system incorporated in the OSD is packed with features and touchscreen
based a big plus! The biggest problem is the Solo's proprietary gimbal built for the GoPro cameras. I am
not a fan of the GoPro cameras since you get a lot more bang-for-the-buck with other cameras at a far
cheaper price. Would be nice to see if the G3 could be used with the 3dr Solo's gimbal.

Have you tried the G3 in the 3dr Solo gimbal? I doubt that it would fit the stabilized gimbal since it is deeper,
has the HDMI port farther forward and the SD card slot location is on the opposite side of the camera versus
the Git1 and Git2 cameras. I don't have this camera so from what I have seen you might have problems
getting the Solo's HDMI connection made in the gimbal? There is no doubt that it is a better camera versus
it's predecessors. The menu system incorporated in the OSD is packed with features and touchscreen
based a big plus! The biggest problem is the Solo's proprietary gimbal built for the GoPro cameras. I am
not a fan of the GoPro cameras since you get a lot more bang-for-the-buck with other cameras at a far
cheaper price. Would be nice to see if the G3 could be used with the 3dr Solo's gimbal.

I've used the G3 in the gimbal but didn't hook up the gimbal HDMI connection. Could have used a little female 2 male HDMI adapter to get the reach for the live feed, but I didn't need it for my field survey. To get the camera to fit I redesigned an adapter I found online to fit the G3 (I'll post it on thingiverse). I did have trouble getting the gimbal balanced, but it worked. If I were to do it again, for my purposes I would just get a cheap gimbal to hold the camera.

Reactions: EZL
I've used the G3 in the gimbal but didn't hook up the gimbal HDMI connection. Could have used a little female 2 male HDMI adapter to get the reach for the live feed, but I didn't need it for my field survey. To get the camera to fit I redesigned an adapter I found online to fit the G3 (I'll post it on thingiverse). I did have trouble getting the gimbal balanced, but it worked. If I were to do it again, for my purposes I would just get a cheap gimbal to hold the camera.
I like the GitUp cameras and the latest one is one of the best. Balancing the camera in the 3dr Solo gimbal shouldn't be a problem it's
just getting it hooked up to the HDMI on the gimbal. The Storm32 gimbal probably would be a good gimbal alternative and a far cheaper
solution.

Seems that the Ehang ghostdrone 1 Drone Gimbal, fits perfect with the Solo's plate..same size of the original gimbal from 3rd. with the cables the work might be more complicate.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela