ALFA antenna

Yes, they work quite nicely. Remember, they are directional. The signal radiates out the side of the panel with the ALFA text. You'll want them at the out-and-up orientation, and you need to be facing in the general direction of the solo.

I put on a pair and didn't get much different signal bars/RSSI readings than stock antenna at same range. I wasn't impressed. I will do another test on a drier/cooler day and see how it compares. I don't live in a high density populated area, I am out in the country. I also have an FPVLR antenna and it DOES increase my range significantly over the stock. The two pack of Alfas is cheap enough, you can do your own tests. No loss though, I had planned on using mine on a couple of security cameras and see if they will help my home network.

Ya, definitely worth noting that the Alfas are in no way the same as an expensive FPVLR antenna setup. But if your flying is all within say 1500-2000ft and you just need some extra umph, it's probably more cost effective than a FPVLR. It's also more forgiving of not being pointed right at the solo.

In an open space (the desert) and no other WiFi signals, I get about 3000' with the stock antennas. With one Alfa and one Stock, I got over 2 miles. I could have gone further, but I chickened out and brought Solo home. Never lost signal or video. I haven't done a distance test with two Alfa's. 2 miles was far enough for me.

Reactions: Solo Keith
In an open space (the desert) and no other WiFi signals, I get about 3000' with the stock antennas. With one Alfa and one Stock, I got over 2 miles...
Definitely difficult to see at 2 miles........ :oops:

they will be here tom when I get home I will post up my findings when I try them out tom night.

With the stock antenna in my area, heavy urban, I was able to get anywhere from 600'-900'. With the Alfa I get 1500' - 2000', well worth the $10.

Well just gave them 2 batteries and got an average 500-600ft more distance. And I have a lot of woods around so its not an open area by any means. So I would say for $19 there worth it. Im going to take it this weekend to an open area where I got 1800ft the last time I flew and see what happens.

Could someone post a picture of the correct orientation of the Alpha antennas? After reading the thread I am under the impression I need to have the flat face with Alpha text point at the solo in the air correct? I have seen an improvement over the stock antennas, but only around ~1000 ft (<2000ft total) even though I am flying it out over water with no interference. It blows my mind someone is getting two miles with one Alpha and 3000ft with stock antennas. Are there any other mods you had to do to get that?

In an open space (the desert) and no other WiFi signals, I get about 3000' with the stock antennas. With one Alfa and one Stock, I got over 2 miles. I could have gone further, but I chickened out and brought Solo home. Never lost signal or video. I haven't done a distance test with two Alfa's. 2 miles was far enough for me.

Click the link in my above post. It shows the orientation, and yes, the only difference would be that the "alfa" text is facing TOWARDS solo and not yourself. That's where the signal emanates from.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44