After upgrade to solo V2.4, SOLO app can not link to SOLO!

Reaction score
Hi, I have upgraded the SOLO V2.4 version from my Samsung tablet to SOLO controller and SOLO drone. After the the SOLO controller reboot and the screen shown finished, my tablet can connet to SOLOLINK but I could not connect SOLO via Tower app or SOLO app. Any suggestion?

Hi, I have upgraded the SOLO V2.4 version from my Samsung tablet to SOLO controller and SOLO drone. After the the SOLO controller reboot and the screen shown finished, my tablet can connet to SOLOLINK but I could not connect SOLO via Tower app or SOLO app. Any suggestion?

Your tablet connects but the apps don't see Solo?

FWIW, Android is still on Ver. 2.3.0, Ver. 2.4.0 has only been released for iOS at this time.
The 2.4.0. version is availabe also for Android.
I installed this version yesterday. Is working OK but I have some issues with my Hero 4.
After 1min. the video stream is turn in black screen, whwn I land The video stream is come back on my tablet/phone

The 2.4.0. version is availabe also for Android.
I installed this version yesterday. Is working OK but I have some issues with my Hero 4.
After 1min. the video stream is turn in black screen, whwn I land The video stream is come back on my tablet/phone

No it's not. You only upgraded the firmware on the controller and solo. The APP ON YOUR PHONE is still still 2.3, and will not have access to any of the new 2.4 features. The APP UPDATE for android has not been released yet.

After upgrade to release 2.4 I had one instance where the app said it was not connected to the Solo, but it was connected to the Solo WiFi. Force quit the app and restart of the app solved that problem. To force quit on the iPhone you double tap the home button, then swipe up on the applications. Otherwise you will have dozens of apps running in the background.

After upgrade to release 2.4 I had one instance where the app said it was not connected to the Solo, but it was connected to the Solo WiFi. Force quit the app and restart of the app solved that problem. To force quit on the iPhone you double tap the home button, then swipe up on the applications. Otherwise you will have dozens of apps running in the background.
I use Android system and I even tried to uninsatll and install 3dr service, 3dr solo and tower app again, it was the same 3dr solo app keep looking for solo. I can see the solo controller was connected but solo was not connected. I did send a message to 3d robotics but I have not received ant reply yet.

I had a similar issue after updating. CS told me the update probably did not install clean and had me do a factory reset on Solo and controller. I then reinstalled the app and now Solo connects quickly.

I will also say Solo seems to connect better if you turn on the controller first then wait for the "waiting for Solo" message. Then boot up Solo and it should connect quickly to the controller. Finally after Solo and the controller are connected open the app. When I would turn on the controller, Solo then the app one aftet the other it seemed like the app wouldn't connect much of the time.

I had a similar issue after updating. CS told me the update probably did not install clean and had me do a factory reset on Solo and controller. I then reinstalled the app and now Solo connects quickly.

I will also say Solo seems to connect better if you turn on the controller first then wait for the "waiting for Solo" message. Then boot up Solo and it should connect quickly to the controller. Finally after Solo and the controller are connected open the app. When I would turn on the controller, Solo then the app one aftet the other it seemed like the app wouldn't connect much of the time.
I did follow the upgrade procedure and saw finished on solo controller screen but I failed to connect to solo drone via solo app after I saw the message asked me to do so on the controller's screen. I also followed the exact procedure to turn on solo controller, then solo drone and finally solo app.
Could you tell me how to do the factory reset on solo and controller? I couldn't find the reset information!

I did follow the upgrade procedure and saw finished on solo controller screen but I failed to connect to solo drone via solo app after I saw the message asked me to do so on the controller's screen. I also followed the exact procedure to turn on solo controller, then solo drone and finally solo app.
Could you tell me how to do the factory reset on solo and controller? I couldn't find the reset information!
Look in your Solo manual and it will walk you right through the door with a reset :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbugg1233