Advance mode not set

Roy

Reaction score
Hi,
On the short experience with my new Solo I have encountered several times where "No GPS" and Solo can't take off.

This is of course after verifying that Solo and Controller versions are upgraded to latest version 3.

I thought that if I enable the "Advanced Flight Mode" the drone can take off without GPS assistance - but it still insisted to get enough satellites before being able to take off.

Have I done anything wrong or that the Solo can't take off in anyway without gaining the threshold of satellites number?

Thanks in advance,
Roy.

I understand the concerns....
I was located in a pretty big garden surrounded by tall buildings and it was just frustrating to wait more than 5 minutes to get GPS lock. Looked to me as a bug or malfunction.
Is there a difference between the GPS type I have on my mobile, that gets into GPS sync in seconds, and the Solo's one?

Anyway, thanks for your advice, not going to shift to manual soon ! :)

If you google solo GPS issues, the solo does have a history of being very picky about its GPS signals. There's also a simple modification that can help,speed things up a little.

Setting aside whether it's wise to fly in manual (it depends on your level of experience because things can go horribly wrong fast), you need to do more than just enabling advanced mode.

Once you've enabled advanced mode, then you need to go into your settings for the A and B buttons and reassign one of them to FLY:Manual.
(It won't give you that option until you've enabled advanced).

Anyway, if you can't get GPS, then you can press the whichever button you assigned to manual. It will let you take off.

An example of when I did this recently was in Iceland at the base of a cliff next to the ocean. I took off in manual, got some altitude and moved the Solo out away from the cliff (fighting the wind the whole time). Once I was high enough and far enough away from the cliff the Solo informed me I had GPS at which point I hit the FLY button to switch over to GPS mode. It was pretty hairy getting it up and out far enough to get a GPS signal (because the winds were severe), but I've flown drones (before we had GPS), so I knew what I was getting into.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44