A new camera option you say

Reaction score
Well not perfect but interesting considering they are selling this camera for 249

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No gimbal on that video.
This is not my video and I think Gary is a member here
But it is a Zcam E1 with 14-42mm lens with in camera stabilization.
I tested this morning and the 45-150mm lens also will stabilize in camera but the 12-32 will not

Yeah I have an RA for mine, but honestly where are you going to find a gopro with better sensor, and lenses for 199

I have 3 Sony E mount lenses and I wonder if there isn't some kind of adapter available. I'll have to check.

that's an incredible deal for a camera. Pirate, any info on the guy using the storm32 with solo? I've been looking at that gimbal, and there are people using it as a handheld gimbal for camera's including the 5dMk3.

@David, I don't think there's a GOOD adapter for E-mount lenses to m4/3. The E-mount camera's are mirrorless, so it mounts closer to the sensor (flange distance)...and e-mount lenses are both APS-C or Full Frame. Beside, an adapter would probably be expensive, and you can pick up good m4/3 glass on eBay reasonably priced

the storm gimbal has been working fine.
so any gimbal with the storm32 controller at its heart should work with solo
Alexmos are not yet proven

This camera is indeed doing inbody stabilization but only on certain lenses

Could you be more specific on "working fine"? (Since folks haven't taken me up on my offer and brought the discussions/development out onto the open web)

lots of discussion on this in the open.
Look at Discuss Ardupilot
Olli the main man behind Storm just found a bug that he fixed in the firmware.
Working Fine Means there are people running storm based gimbals with solo and they are doing smart shots

after playing with this for a couple days I am going to keep it.
  • The video IQ is better than my Peau 3.97 flat lens hero 4 black.
  • Lenses are interchangeable
  • Stabilization wit select lenses, confirmed 12-42mm and 45-150mm (imagine shooting zoomed at 150mm stabilized from a drone
  • There is a SDK with camera control through UART and a cable is in the works.
  • Video feed works with IMX and Solo App
I have been talking with a guy and he is willing to CNC some carbon Fiber gimbal parts.
So I will be abandoning the dustin gimbal and moving my gimbal motors over to this new frame. I think with a Storm Based Gimbal and the 14-42mm stabilized lens the video would be extremely smooth considering the results the guy got with no gimbal

I think your examples look great.... I’m monitoring your progress intently...

I am just a messenger and early adopter
Matt, Kelly, Julien and others are the key to all of this coming to fruition.
Some folks are working the gimbal side
Some folks are working the interface cable
Some are working the software

Kelly and the Cable maker are already talking
Storm is now working with Smart Shots
Olli has a new version of Storm, that I am hoping Mike gets someone to make the boards.
It is what I will be putting on my gimbal.

Amazing Community, guys contribute to and support those who are making solo better and better

If someone will get the videos of this working (Storm32 smartshots on solo) publicly posted and get the other discussions out into the open, I will *gladly* pay for your board spin. Please note I will need to see a minimum of two (I'd prefer three) independent video confirmations of successful smart shots. Please include video from off the bird and video from on the bird showing the camera setup for off the bird.

Bet even this won't get the discussions and such off FB. But I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.

Last edited:
If someone will get the videos of this working (Storm32 smartshots on solo) publicly posted and get the other discussions out into the open, I will *gladly* pay for your board spin. Please note I will need to see a minimum of two (I'd prefer three) independent video confirmations of successful smart shots. Please include video from off the bird and video from on the bird showing the camera setup for off the bird.

Bet even this won't get the discussions and such off FB. But I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.
um why do I need to prove anything to you again?
Board Spin?

The information is out there and I am not your personal research clerk

Sigh. Never mind.

No offense was intended, yet again I seem unable to effectively communicate, Sorry about any hurt feelings.

Reactions: morris
No worries, maybe I misunderstood what you are trying to say.
So my apologies

facebook is a pain in the butt.
But there is more going on in a few facebook groups then just about anywhere else you will find.
Plus the Storm is talked about at length on the Ardupilot Discussion site.
Olli is very active there.
Sadly many of the people really working on this stuff are not in this forum.

Reactions: morris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig