A little Birdie told me Gimbal

Hang in there. People are getting shipping notices. Credit cards are being hit. It looks like the gimbal is coming.
I don't think anyone got a shipping notice yet, my credit card was hit 3 months ago summer is almost over and I'm going to be lucky to have a gimbal to take pictures of the the fall colours.

I ordered from B&H. Who knows how they will actually allocate allotments of gimbals for the first shipments. In-house then venders or by date of preorders and when the venders get them, will some venders get them before others? Must admit I will be pissed if they fill all in-house orders first......

it should be a first come first served kind of thing I ordered in April through 3DR so if you ordered in May I honestly expect to have it first (regardless where you ordered it)

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
I'm getting kind of fed up, I ordered right away on launch day from B&H, since the launch page made it sound like you HAD to order from a retailer and not direct. Sounds like we're gonna get shafted.

it should be a first come first served kind of thing I ordered in April through 3DR so if you ordered in May I honestly expect to have it first (regardless where you ordered it)

I would not count on that. For the Solo I just walked into my local BB and grabbed one while those that pre-ordered did not receive them up to two months after it launched.

I think this is what is going to happen. I think direct customers are preorders from 3dr as well as retailer preorders. I don't think the gimbals will be placed on the retailer shelves until the majority of preorders have been sent out. Of course I'm just guessing but if they want to avoid another pr headache that is what should happen.

The only way they can do the pre order first is on direct orders from 3DR. I can't see them sending stock to B&H for pre orders and not send any to BB. BB has big buying power and strong influence.

I am sure BB has already committed to 3DR a substantial order and am sure it has terms attached to it since they did this through procurement a long time ago.

But who knows how this is going to pan out. It's all speculation right now with no information coming from 3DR.

DSLRPros sent me an email and stated their shipment of preordered gimbals and free extra batteries will ship to the customers during the last week of August.

and that's the way I like it uh huh uh huh

I'm getting kind of fed up, I ordered right away on launch day from B&H, since the launch page made it sound like you HAD to order from a retailer and not direct. Sounds like we're gonna get shafted.

Same here, except from DSLRpros. The 3DR store wasn't even taking orders. Your only option was B&H or DSLRpros.

However, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions about being shafted or not based on these forums. Let's see what actually happens before pass judgement. There has been enough of that on these boards already.

Last edited:
Yea its called marketing strategies

I got this notice on Saturday... I ordered direct from 3DR. Hopefully this holds true.

Your action is required. We will be shipping out your gimbal in the next couple of weeks! In preparation, we are making sure that all the pieces are in place so we can get your gimbal to you as fast as possible. ...Then they asked for my credit card security code again because it has been so long since they first authorized it that it has expired!

Just got a email from 3dr about the gimbal, once again they said they should start shipping in about 2 weeks.

Can you just imagine how many PreOrders there are in total for the Gimbal...??? There factories are gonna have to work around the clock just to fill them....
They charge mu credit card today, seems legit and aoon to be shipped :)

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/another-gimbal-update

Customers who have pre-ordered units from both 3DR and our partners should start seeing them next week, but it will take a couple of weeks to get to everyone. Retail shelves will likely see stock in a few weeks, mid-September or so.)

Those that preordered will get them first no matter who you preordered it from :)

That definitely would be refreshing,,we'll see.
Good catch David finding the post. I saw yesterday on the FB owners forum where the CEO had replied to a tweet that an announcement was coming later in the day. I was hoping for good news this morning :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44