A little Birdie told me Gimbal

Found a person that says they have been charged by 3dr $439.00 on there credit card statement yesterday . That would be correct amount with tax

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
As optimistic as I try to be the pic above I'm guessing was taken in their San Antonio offices where much testing has been taking place and I don't think a lot can be inferred from a pic taken on an unknown date of 12 gimbals in a pelican case at 3DR offices in San Antonio. However, if it had been of pallets of boxes labeled 3DR gimbals being offloaded by a forklift somewhere, that would be good news..:)

Don't want to read into the pic much but the response to the Twitter by the CEO seems to be a promising sign for us at least. At very least sounds like they're in production of the final version so today's a better day than yesterday was.

Absolutely! I believe several things: 1. SOLO will be head and shoulders above all others in overall performance for the educated consumer. 2. I believe the #'s sold to date in spite of a delayed gimbal are extremely healthy. 3. It is true that there have been some disappointments for some but I believe the "happiness factor" of owners is overwhelming. 4. And lastly, I believe the gimbal will turn SOLO into an extraordinary platform at a competitive price point and sales (and backorders) will take a quantum jump forward. At least that's what I believe...lol

I have not pre ordered yet. What do you guys think would be the quickest to get my hands on one. Order from 3DR website or try to snag one from Bestbuy or BH? Do we know for sure if they are going to fill pre orders first this time before getting them in retail outlets? If so I'll place the order today.

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
I'll be excited when I drive by my house after work and I see a box sitting on my porch.:D

Reactions: Doug Benson
Absolutely! I believe several things: 1. SOLO will be head and shoulders above all others in overall performance for the educated consumer. 2. I believe the #'s sold to date in spite of a delayed gimbal are extremely healthy. 3. It is true that there have been some disappointments for some but I believe the "happiness factor" of owners is overwhelming. 4. And lastly, I believe the gimbal will turn SOLO into an extraordinary platform at a competitive price point and sales (and backorders) will take a quantum jump forward. At least that's what I believe...lol

You're right, I'm glad its actually a pic of the Gimbal but if it were close to shipping where is the retail packaging pics?

I have not pre ordered yet. What do you guys think would be the quickest to get my hands on one. Order from 3DR website or try to snag one from Bestbuy or BH? Do we know for sure if they are going to fill pre orders first this time before getting them in retail outlets? If so I'll place the order today.

Screw it, I just went ahead and ordered from the site. If I see it at bestbuy before it ships from 3DR I will just pick it up there.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Screw it, I just went ahead and ordered from the site. If I see it at bestbuy before it ships from 3DR I will just pick it up there.

Was it in a pre-order status when you ordered it?

It shows this on the website:

Pre-order your Solo accessories now!

The Solo Gimbal is currently backordered. Gimbals ordered today will ship in 6-8 weeks. Orders will be shipped in the order they are received.

Was it in a pre-order status when you ordered it?

It shows this on the website:

Pre-order your Solo accessories now!

The Solo Gimbal is currently backordered. Gimbals ordered today will ship in 6-8 weeks. Orders will be shipped in the order they are received.

Yes, it was still in preorder status but I have been told that the first two shipments are going directly to direct customers so the earliest pre orders will be filled first before retailers gets their shipments. Since I just ordered it will be September before I get mine and probably at the same time BB gets theirs. With that news I'm in the process of ordering a Tarot to use in the meantime and will sell it to a fellow Solo owner when I get the Solo gimbal.

A usable gimbal will be better than no gimbal at all.

I am really curious to see if the pre-order people get them before Best Buy this time. I certainly hope it goes the same as last time as I would like to snag one from BB!

Reactions: finnamatron
That picture is actually on the floor of the Berkeley office where all the engineering is done. Austin is marketing. Those 24 were hand carried from the factory over seas there for the engineers to put the final touches on things. The picture was taken Saturday 8-8. They are close, real close...... And I have seen the beta software for the updates, I can tell everyone, a lot of the things people are asking about will be in there.

So who's flying a P3 / I1 at 3DR?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44