A little Birdie told me Gimbal

Maybe it's push back till the 7th of Sep..?
Because the BB here in Ontario Canada says will be in stock on the 7th.

BB canada has been 2-3 weeks behind the US ever since the release.
If it's pushed back to 7 sep in the us were looking at end sep

BB canada has been 2-3 weeks behind the US ever since the release.
If it's pushed back to 7 sep in the us were looking at end sep
Well that dosing sound good..we sure have been doing a lot of waiting...but I think it will all be worth it when we actually do get it in are hands...

Whatever happened to the hole under promise over deliver mentality...? Pretty disappointed at this point.

I have not pre ordered yet. What do you guys think would be the quickest to get my hands on one. Order from 3DR website or try to snag one from Bestbuy or BH? Do we know for sure if they are going to fill pre orders first this time before getting them in retail outlets? If so I'll place the order today.
I order mines from 3DR ( the solo ) and the gimbal as well but i never got mines from 3DR so end up getting it from best buy and cancel my order of my solo and stick to the one on the gimbal on which last week they email me to confirm me the shipping of the gimbal by next week, so yea just get it from best buy and deff keep the gimbal order from 3DR

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 28
I have not pre ordered yet. What do you guys think would be the quickest to get my hands on one. Order from 3DR website or try to snag one from Bestbuy or BH? Do we know for sure if they are going to fill pre orders first this time before getting them in retail outlets? If so I'll place the order today.
B&H - No shipping, no tax. Very fast.

I order mines from 3DR ( the solo ) and the gimbal as well but i never got mines from 3DR so end up getting it from best buy and cancel my order of my solo and stick to the one on the gimbal on which last week they email me to confirm me the shipping of the gimbal by next week, so yea just get it from best buy and deff keep the gimbal order from 3DR

B&H - No shipping, no tax. Very fast.

Thanks John, OpusX. I talked to someone in the know not long after I made that post. I went ahead and ordered from 3DR and asked my contact when I could expect it and he advised the first two shipments were going to direct customers (pre orders) before retailers get their shipments. He said I would be getting mine in September around the same time BB is getting their shipment.

With that news and a upcoming event I wanted to film I went ahead and ordered a Tarot 2D gimbal as well as the required accessories needed to hook it up to the Solo. The final cables and batteries arrive tomorrow and hope to have some test video to share by Wednesday.

Based on his statements I'm pretty sure the earliest 3DR pre orders are definitely going to be filled first before retailers get their pre order shipments.

I'm thinking those that ordered the earliest from 3DR's website will be start receiving their gimbals at the end of this week or early next week.

Spoke with B&H on 7/28 and they told me gimbals will be stocked on 8/17. today is 8/17 so i contacted them.

Blake: Hello Rodney. My name is Blake M. How can I help you today?
Rodney: Hello Blake, i wanted to check the status of my order *********
Blake: We are expecting to receive the gimbal later this month
Rodney: no real date?
Rodney: i was told 8/17, so wanted to verify when i will receive mine.
Blake: The best date we have for that is "early next month"

if that makes any sense ....

Spoke with B&H on 7/28 and they told me gimbals will be stocked on 8/17. today is 8/17 so i contacted them.

Blake: Hello Rodney. My name is Blake M. How can I help you today?
Rodney: Hello Blake, i wanted to check the status of my order *********
Blake: We are expecting to receive the gimbal later this month
Rodney: no real date?
Rodney: i was told 8/17, so wanted to verify when i will receive mine.
Blake: The best date we have for that is "early next month"

if that makes any sense ....

Input Area
So if there is no actual date.. it could easily roll over till next month .

According to people in this forum that is awesome, they don't mind to wait until the second coming of Jesus Christ because 3DR told them they were striving for perfection of the Gimbal...

Well iv been reading on some post that rumor is that they push the release date of the Gimbal around September 7th?
But that could change?

ya who really knows.. they haven't been spot on with meeting their own dead lines yet.

Just spoke with B&H. They told me that they couldn't tell me specifically when I could expect my gimbal based on where I stood in the waiting list based on order date, but that they expected to fulfill all orders by the end of September. So now it could be another 6 weeks? I ordered on 5/5 so I hope I get mine a lot earlier than that, but I'm not holding my breath. This is really wearing on my patience

This if from the OFFICIAL August 2nd statement:

So that’s where we stand. We made some changes and started production......The plan is to ship gimbals mid-month. We are doing more testing in the next week and will be able to officially speak to dates at the end of this week or beginning of the one following..

That was 15 days ago,,and NOTHING except silence! A lot of you know me, I have been a SOLO Super fan. My machine has been perfect. I am pleased with what I have and what it can do. What I am displeased with is the total lack of regard for me (and all of you) as a customer to make crystal clear statements which we tend to hang on every word,,,,,and turn out to be absolutely meaningless. It's "let them eat cake" mentality. I love the machine, I think their Tech Support and CS beats the pants off the other competitor, but the Customer Relations skills do more to create anxiety and dissatisfaction than they do to alleviate it,,,which is what PR/CR is SUPPOSED to do!

OK,,I feel better now. Carry on.

Reactions: TheeRod
I placed my order 4/22 hard to believe its pushing 6 months.... But placing preorders is always risky. Especially on a new product, no way of knowing if it will ship on time or with out bugs. I usually like to wait for the first revision, safer as I am getting older and don't feel the need to be on the bleeding edge as much anymore. So it comes down to preorder and wait or wait then order, but you do wait, either way.

This if from the OFFICIAL August 2nd statement:

So that’s where we stand. We made some changes and started production......The plan is to ship gimbals mid-month. We are doing more testing in the next week and will be able to officially speak to dates at the end of this week or beginning of the one following..

That was 15 days ago,,and NOTHING except silence! A lot of you know me, I have been a SOLO Super fan. My machine has been perfect. I am pleased with what I have and what it can do. What I am displeased with is the total lack of regard for me (and all of you) as a customer to make crystal clear statements which we tend to hang on every word,,,,,and turn out to be absolutely meaningless. It's "let them eat cake" mentality. I love the machine, I think their Tech Support and CS beats the pants off the other competitor, but the Customer Relations skills do more to create anxiety and dissatisfaction than they do to alleviate it,,,which is what PR/CR is SUPPOSED to do!

OK,,I feel better now. Carry on.
Hang in there. People are getting shipping notices. Credit cards are being hit. It looks like the gimbal is coming.

I placed my order 4/22 hard to believe its pushing 6 months.... But placing preorders is always risky. Especially on a new product, no way of knowing if it will ship on time or with out bugs. I usually like to wait for the first revision, safer as I am getting older and don't feel the need to be on the bleeding edge as much anymore. So it comes down to preorder and wait or wait then order, but you do wait, either way.
I ordered mine on April 13. I assume I will be one of the first to get it... but I ordered through DSLRpros.com. I'm hoping you guys that ordered direct from 3DR don't jump ahead of me in the line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44