4K (or 2.7 for that matter) Post editing

@Kabz That makes sense and I never really thought of that. Does that work of you take a clip on your time-lime and cut it up, delete sections, etc. I assume it would as you are just replacing the original complete file and it will cut all the segments from the new file automatically.

One thing this would not work well for would be if you had correction work to do. Probably would not want to attempt much correction on a lower resolution file and then swap in a 4k file.

Yes, the idea is the file names remain the Same - just keep them in a different folder. Then work off of the proxy folder.
When finished with the edit, replace that folder name or move the folder and point to the original files, and a reconnect will happen or you just link one file and Premiere or final cut will see that the rest of the files are found there.

If you need to make changes to an edit, just make the program point to the proxy folder to reconnect media and edit off the proxies again. When changes are done, repeat relink process.

Don't be afraid to make extra project files to keep track of what you're doing. Duplicates and saving old versions (instead of relying on Autosave Vault) has saved my butt many times.

There is a proxy method for color grading yes.
And as long as you have all the color channel info in a 1080p proxy file it should translate accordingly when you link up the full rez footage.
Some tweaks may need to be done, but usually, if you are a color grader -- you get shorter form work. So a 30 second 6K commercial fully edited is not going to destroy my system.
For an average joe, color grade the final output at its highest resolution.

If you are trying to color grade each clip specifically on the time line, you are running way more processes than you need to.
But I can write an essay on color grading so I wont get started.

Last edited:
Make sense. I have been trying to improve things on the PC to help and not having much look. Fast i7, 16 gig of memory, SSD. I tried a $1000 video card to find out premiere does not use the acceleration to render.

This is best tip I have seen. I really don't even need to have different folders. Just different file names. I can use the replace clip function in Premiere.

Make sense. I have been trying to improve things on the PC to help and not having much look. Fast i7, 16 gig of memory, SSD. I tried a $1000 video card to find out premiere does not use the acceleration to render.

This is best tip I have seen. I really don't even need to have different folders. Just different file names. I can use the replace clip function in Premiere.

You can use replace clip function, but the best part about working with proxies is one click reconnecting. Folders are our friends.
Glad the tips could help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc