40 Uses For UAV's - Practical Applications

Nice- we should promote good uses for drones every chance we get to counter the "evil drone" propaganda.

I'm surprised the manufacturers aren't doing any good "PR" stuff. It's their products that are being legislated out of existence.

Now the city of Phoenix is crafting an ordinance which will severely restrict drone use, but they can't cite any instances of "bad drone use". :mad:

Heads up in the Phoenix area... they are actively looking for UAV flyers. They have been issued the FAA cards and are letting operators know they are out there. A Phoenix flyer was approached while flying and shown the card. They talked for a bit and the officer said "law enforcement is getting spun up to deal with the increased drone activity".

https://www.faa.gov/uas/law_enforcement/media/LEO_guidance_card.pdf

Attachments

• LEO_guidance_card.pdf
    80.2 KB · Views: 19
Heads up in the Phoenix area... they are actively looking for UAV flyers. They have been issued the FAA cards and are letting operators know they are out there. A Phoenix flyer was approached while flying and shown the card. They talked for a bit and the officer said "law enforcement is getting spun up to deal with the increased drone activity".

https://www.faa.gov/uas/law_enforcement/media/LEO_guidance_card.pdf
Thanks- didn't know about these cards.

Good to know. I like it. Hopefully this will help separate the wheat from the chaff...

Good to know. I like it. Hopefully this will help separate the wheat from the chaff...
I'm not so sure. I know from (prior) experience that drone operators who are doing nothing wrong may wind up being on the receiving end of a civil rights violation.

This area is ripe for over-aggressive officers to demand paperwork, etc., when they are not entitled to.

I'm not so sure. I know from (prior) experience that drone operators who are doing nothing wrong may wind up being on the receiving end of a civil rights violation.

This area is ripe for over-aggressive officers to demand paperwork, etc., when they are not entitled to.
That was going to my point as well MD. As you are a retired officer and I am current, we know that we can't just stop them at what they are doing and ask to see paperwork and ID. Here in TN we do not have vagrancy laws, so it's not a crime to be without ID. Stop and frisk isn't going to work unless you see/suspect them of a crime. And it certainly isn't up to me to enforce federal regs, be it FAA, FCC, etc.. That would require a badge bigger than mine.

Reactions: Maddog
I'm out flying my drone and not bothering anyone, following the FAA regs and a cop comes to me asking for ID, he can kiss my you know what.

That was going to my point as well MD. As you are a retired officer and I am current, we know that we can't just stop them at what they are doing and ask to see paperwork and ID. Here in TN we do not have vagrancy laws, so it's not a crime to be without ID. Stop and frisk isn't going to work unless you see/suspect them of a crime. And it certainly isn't up to me to enforce federal regs, be it FAA, FCC, etc.. That would require a badge bigger than mine.
Actually, I don't think most officers are going to want anything to do with "drone enforcement". They're overworked, underpaid, and there's just too many more important issues to deal with.

Reactions: Jubalr
I'm out flying my drone and not bothering anyone, following the FAA regs and a cop comes to me asking for ID, he can kiss my you know what.
I hear ya and I know what you mean- unfortunately, you would then be in "contempt of cop" and things will probably go downhill from there. (This is where the aforementioned civil rights violation occurs).:( Hope I'm wrong and nothing drone-related ever happens.

Actually, I don't think most officers are going to want anything to do with "drone enforcement". They're overworked, underpaid, and there's just too many more important issues to deal with.
Yep, you can certainly include me in that statement as well as the others around here. We have enough to do. Let the feds do their own enforcement. We couldn't arrest on a FAA violation if we wanted to.

I hear ya and I know what you mean- unfortunately, you would then be in "contempt of cop" and things will probably go downhill from there. (This is where the aforementioned civil rights violation occurs).:( Hope I'm wrong and nothing drone-related ever happens.
'Contempt of Cop', also known in some circles as 'P.O.P' or Pi**ing Off the Police'. And unfortunately, some LEOs take it seriously and put us all in a bad light.

Despite hijacking LuvMyTJ's thread I would like to ADD a drone use that is not in the list.
Cattle, Sheep and Goat mustering.
The guys here in Queensland came to me with the idea so I built them some indestructible quads to muster cattle with.
They have had great success.
They are full size Heli Musterers by trade.

Despite hijacking LuvMyTJ's thread I would like to ADD a drone use that is not in the list.
Cattle, Sheep and Goat mustering.
The guys here in Queensland came to me with the idea so I built them some indestructible quads to muster cattle with.
They have had great success.
They are full size Heli Musterers by trade.
Cool! Got any video of them in action?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela