3dr solo

Reaction score
Hello
My 3dr solo is all ways getting a magnet interference come up on controller.. but wean it does diside that thear us no magnetic object's around It will not connect to a GPS
Can somebody please help...
Cheers dylan

Check your compass in the leg.
My first Solo had the same issue, replaced the compass; good as gold!
(at least it worked for me)
Hope that helps and points you in the right direction.
Use the 'search' feature on this great forum, it will help!

MY Solo got that message the very 1st time I powered it up. I did a level and compass calibration, and the message never appeared again. As mentioned, the compass is located in the Solo leg 01 (front left leg). Take a look at it to be sure it is intact.

Some say that the rebar in concrete pavement can cause the Magnetic Interference message.
This is true...OP...find a location that you has no metal, like the middle of a field, and see if you get different results.

You should also redo the compass calibration.

Compass Calibration: Use the Compass Calibration function in The Solex app, SidePilot or 3DR app. Or use the Onboard Compass Calibration in Mission Planner. They all do the same thing and just give it different names. Reboot when complete.
  • Must be done outdoors
  • Must be done in an open area away from buildings, vehicles, reinforced concrete slabs, power lines, MRI machines, metal fencing, etc.
  • Remove any magnetic jewelry or steel accessories you may be wearing
  • Rotate the solo around each of its axes: Right side up, both sides, nose up, nose down, upside-down, etc. If you just spin it around level, it will fail.
  • Reboot when when complete. The apps may not tell you to reboot. They may tell you to go fly. Trust me. Reboot.

Okay
I found out that the leg with the compass on it was brocken
So I've just orderd a new leg and compass
Hopeflly it works
Thanks for the help guys...

Wrong its located in the 04 rear right leg if facing the back of the drone....
yeah...I knew it was in the leg, and saw some writing on that leg, so assumed it said "compass in here"...that's what I get for not using my glasseso_O

Reactions: XevetS
Okay
I found out that the leg with the compass on it was brocken
So I've just orderd a new leg and compass
Hopeflly it works
Thanks for the help guys...
Do you have a picture of the broken leg/compass?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig