3DR Solo with SJCAM SJ7 Star

Reaction score
I'm looking for an alternative for a GoPro on Solo # 2. Actually I like what I see with the GP6 but at $500+ I thought Id try something else. My SJ4000's have been great cameras for me so I thought I'd try the SJ7 Star with EIS. The Star fits the stock Solo hard mount perfectly and the HMDI plugs right in with no mods. You can start and stop video easily manually and FPV to the app was great.

Results are mixed until I get it on a gimbal,4K is useless. EIS only works in 1080p or less. This is my first flight testing this camera.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View media item 728View media item 727View media item 726

Last edited:
Reactions: 3DRProject18
I'm looking for an alternative for a GoPro on Solo # 2. Actually I like what I see with the GP6 but at $500+ I thought Id try something else. My SJ4000's have been great cameras for me so I thought I'd try the SJ7 Star with EIS. The Star fits the stock Solo hard mount perfectly and the HMDI plugs right in with no mods. You can start and stop video easily manually and FPV to the app was great.

Results are mixed until I get it on a gimbal,4K is useless. EIS only works in 1080p or less. This is my first flight testing this camera.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Will this fit in the solo 3d gimbal with no mods to the HDMI connector?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela